CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Taken a turn for the worst. I need help/advice..

Old 11-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #51
Tula_Montage
Thank you everyone. He died in my hands... and I suppose I helped to euthanise him. But I could not prolong his suffering, and no matter what medication he was on, nothing could have been done.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #52
4drbeemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage View Post
Thank you everyone. He died in my hands... and I suppose I helped to euthanise him. But I could not prolong his suffering, and no matter what medication he was on, nothing could have been done.
from what i have read by you and others. You did better than any of us could have. I felt like I was there with you through the whole thing.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #53
tsst
Tula,
Just from his short turn around when you got him back tells me he knew he was in the right place. Sorry for your loss!

Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #54
Nanci
Aw, poor baby. You did everything you could. I'm so sorry it didn't turn out differently.

Nanci

Old 11-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #55
diamondlil
So sorry, Elle

Old 11-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #56
Rich in KY
I am so sorry Elle.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #57
Jrgh17
I'm so sorry. He was such a strong boy. You did an amazing job with him, and did the best with the situation you were presented. I'm sure you're feeling a lot of things... I want you to know that I can think of no better person to have taken care of him.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #58
a_god_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgh17 View Post
You did an amazing job with him, and did the best with the situation you were presented.
I'm so sorry to hear he didn't make it. You really did a great job with him! I know how hard to lose one when you've tried so hard but you did the right thing. It was good you were with him at the end, if snakes can feel comfort, Windsor was at ease because you were with him.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #59
Jessicat
Doing the right thing is rarely ever coincides with doing the easiest thing. It's a good thing Windsor was with someone who had the strength to be with him every second of the way, doing everything you could, and ultimately the best thing. Knowing you did the "right" thing won't help to ease the pain, but try not to get too down on yourself.

Today I will have a moment of silence and smoke my last lucky strike (filter) in honor of Windsor.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #60
Mrs InsaneOne
That is a terrible shame Elle, though I know you made the right decision for him at the end. He'd been doing so well there for a while and then to have it regress to the point where nothing could be done for him - simply tragic.

You are correct too, things like this are good examples of why quarantining new animals is the best thing to do in the long run. Even though it can be a pain and adds more work in some ways - it can prevent something as terrible as what Windsor had from spreading to an entire collection.

Let us know how the necropsy turns out and be sure to savor a glass of wine in Windsor's honor - he was a beautiful critter and he will be missed.

Jenn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google