CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Box Turtle Enclosure: Progression Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #91
Nanci
For those who are wondering what the boxies are going to do with all that pond: I went out to feed the boxies tonight and found Krusty walking around in his pond with his head totally underwater, looking for what, I don't know...

Old 04-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #92
Nanci
I bought a couple little decorative solar lights. They will attract insects at night for the boxies to eat. I want to put them by the pond, but for now they are in the garden.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #93
Marshall_P
Thumbs up Wow!, Again!..

This thread is amazing, I'll admit I had the same question Tula had a bit ago, but you answered it for me, relating to the depth of the pond.. That's really looking great Nanci! I think you've outdone yourself this time!.. Can't wait to see the finished product!.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #94
Nanci
Day Nine: Last Day Of Vacation

I couldn't have timed it better! There is nothing left to do until the pond liner gets here.

Here is how I handled the on/off valves so I could run Fort Tort and (boxie pen doesn't have a name yet...) Fort Turt separately.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #95
Nanci
I am happy with how clean it turned out!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #96
Nanci
The connections are safe from the lawnmower and weed whacker, but very easy to get to!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #97
Nanci
Then I had to connect the boxie water supply to the main supply coming in from the well. See all the dug up earth? The line is buried there. I also ran out a bunch of mini-sprinklers to the rose bushes and gardenias and the jasmine vines and even the potted palms!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #98
Nanci
Then I tacked down the little soaker hoses for the garden and planted four different tomatoes. I don't think they do very well in Florida- the nights don't get cold enough to set fruit, but we'll see. And when I tested the flow rate, even with both pens turned on at once, it's really soaking the garden nicely!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #99
Nanci
Here's a close up of one of the little lights I bought. And you can see the mini-soaker hose- it has an emitter every 12", and I have it doubled so there will be plenty of water. I guess that's it for a while! Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!

Old 04-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #100
Dave123
I love this thread! It is very cool to see how the enclosure progresses and in such a short time! I probably would still be trying to set up the outlining wood.

Great job and I know the boxies will love it when it is finished!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google