CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Guess that herp!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
Jynx
Chinese Rat Snake (Zaocys dhumnades)? Though I've never seen one so green or fully striped before.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #12
jennrosefx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
Chinese Rat Snake (Zaocys dhumnades)? Though I've never seen one so green or fully striped before.
Yup! Isn't it beeeautiful? Had a mild obsession with these while back just based on this photo. Heh.

Tag- Yer it.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #13
Jynx
Thats a pretty neat obsession. I wouldn't mind having a few. I know someone who had a pair in California a few years ago and they were pretty neat

Ok this one may be a toughie, but this is a snake that I really like, but never see... EVER.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
jennrosefx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
Thats a pretty neat obsession. I wouldn't mind having a few. I know someone who had a pair in California a few years ago and they were pretty neat

Ok this one may be a toughie, but this is a snake that I really like, but never see... EVER.

Really?? I Trrrrrrried to find ANY info on them in the pet trade... and I kept seeing was that they were commonly sold in the food market in China, but never saw any info about temperment, and especially them being offered for purchase in the states.

*loves*

*runs off to look up the new photo you posted*

Old 01-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #15
Jynx
Because it will probably be tough, I'll give you a hint... look at the eye placement.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #16
Sharon
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say malagasy cat eye snake? Really don't have a clue lol

Old 01-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #17
torsten
i was thinking some king of cat snake...

is it the same as snakemaster24's (or whatever his username is) cat eyed whatsit?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #18
Allison
I was going to guess a narrow headed garter.... but I guess I am way out there on that one?

Old 01-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #19
Allison
Nope, I'm going to have to second the "Madagascarophis colubrinus" or
Malagasy Cat-eyed Snake opinion... but then again I still am not sure.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #20
Jynx
Hahaha... it is a colubrid, but I wasn't talking about what the eyes looked like, rather where they were placed on the head. Not a Cat-Eyed snake or a Garter. A very distant cousin of Garters though

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google