CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Daytona 2009

Old 03-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #31
Beothon Lover
i'll be hopefully coming to daytona as ong as i get the money saved up

wish i could fly but at this point it unless the flight was super cheap i'll be traveling by bus and will be stuck in said bus for almost 2 days....not loooking forward to that but am looking forward to going to daytona and meeting people from here on CS.com

Old 03-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #32
Nanci
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #33
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Are you talking about Tropical Storm Fay? Or Hurricane Charlie?
Hurricane Charlie. When my friend and I left Ky at 3am it was not supposed to get anywhere near Daytona. When we hit Fl around 4pm it was going to cross the state and hit Daytona.

On Sat after the storm no one had power and I thought the show would be cancelled but we checked anyway. Two blocks before you we arrived at the show there were stop lights on. We joked all that weekend that the rodent vendors had them hooked to wheels to provide power.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #34
Nanci
Hurricane Charlie was my first real hurricane. My grandson was born that day, up in MN.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #35
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Hurricane Charlie was my first real hurricane. My grandson was born that day, up in MN.
Hey, mine too. I slept through it.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #36
RobbiesCornField
I don't remember what number Charlie was for me. LOL. I was down in Naples at the time. It was definitely fun! I remember when the eye had a perfect number 2 in it on the radar. Just before it made the turn.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #37
Jessicat
I wish the whole darn country wasn't in between me and the expo.

Katie, what is the date of the expo? I tried to search for the info, but I could only find dates for last year's expo. I'm not sure if the expo is the same date every year or not. I also tried to get a flight price, but couldn't find that out without the date!
Since you're the expert however, any idea what a flight from Oregon to Florida would be?

*sigh, this is probably all just wishful thinking..

Old 03-10-2009, 01:44 AM   #38
carol
Jessica, I just booked a flight out of San Jose and it was $350 after all the taxes and airport fees (around $280 before). Tampa is a bit of a drive but the flights seem to be a lot cheaper going in and out of there.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:52 AM   #39
Jynx
Want to come pick me up on your way Carol?

Sadly, I'll have to miss this one too. Seems like I keep saying that... In all actuality, I'll probably have to miss the next 3 But after that, I'll be hitting it up every year! Have fun for us lame people that can't make it!

Hey maybe one of these days, some of yous can haul out for our Tucson show. Sure its not Daytona, but it is pretty darn neat.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:00 AM   #40
carol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
Want to come pick me up on your way Carol?

Sadly, I'll have to miss this one too. Seems like I keep saying that... In all actuality, I'll probably have to miss the next 3 But after that, I'll be hitting it up every year! Have fun for us lame people that can't make it!

Hey maybe one of these days, some of yous can haul out for our Tucson show. Sure its not Daytona, but it is pretty darn neat.
There are so many people I want to "pick up" and bring. Hang in there. I've been saying "next year" for seven years now. I just couldn't take it anymore, especially with Rich not having keepers this year...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google