CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Progression: Shadow the Eastern Indigo Snake

Old 10-09-2017, 05:35 PM   #101
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
WooHoo!!! We're having Tilapia?........ Maybe a small baby one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
LOL I just happened to think....... Feed him something that will produce a really colorful poo. You know, for the art work.
Lol, Karl.

Still on silversides and will be for a long time. I'll let you know as soon as we are serving the tilapia tacos ('cause undoubtedly Shadow will share with me). Everything today will just produce lovely shades of brown. I'm going for a nice ombre effect.

Besides for color, I'd need to get a rainbow snake! I thought everyone knew that, Karl

Old 10-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #102
Karl_Mcknight
wonder what a few drops of "Blue" food color on his food will do? Then maybe next time you can try Red or Yellow. You might be able to bottle the poo and sell it as Paint. Just be sure you include a bottle of Febreeze with every order.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:02 PM   #103
DollysMom
That sounds like a musical, Karl: "Shadow and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Poo" Not only are we going to be the toast of the art world, but the toast of Broadway, too. Or maybe we'll just be toast!

Old 10-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #104
Karl_Mcknight
Just wait till he gets to be 7 feet long.

There's going to be lots of Poo.

Lots and Lots of Poo.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #105
DollysMom
Warning: Poo picture after the cute snake picture

Because Shadow's poo has become such a topic of interest here, I thought I'd show everyone who is interested the reality. I found this "present" about 10 am and I always clean up as quickly as possible. These intelligent and sensitive snakes do not like being in soiled surroundings. I know that with the adult poo painting this seems counter intelligent, but it is true.

So here is Shadow in his critter keeper. I put a hide in there for him while I clean, but this is right after I put the hide back in his home. All this adorableness is definitely worth the clean up.

Now remember this is a big baby. How big is a 70 gram corn snake poo? It's a little more watery, and most of the urates had run under the paper, but this was a really, nice healthy one. (If I were to judge poo quality.)

So now you know! Not so bad. Spot cleaned in 10 minutes. The most time consuming part is folding the fresh newspaper and paper towels to the right size.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #106
Patmart
It’s not to bad but I bet he is worth and you don’t mind how big or how smelly it gets
I know I wouldn’t mind he is beautiful
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #107
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmart View Post
It’s not to bad but I bet he is worth and you don’t mind how big or how smelly it gets
I know I wouldn’t mind he is beautiful
Pat
Thanks Pat. I don't mind cleaning snake poo at all and he is so worth it. They all are.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #108
Patmart
Yes I agree they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #109
kdickens
Well, we all gotta go once in a while. You, me, snakes ... no big deal!

Old 10-10-2017, 03:21 PM   #110
DollysMom
Agreed, Ken. To me it just means I've got a healthy snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google