CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Many thanks...

Old 06-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
Hypancistrus
Many thanks...

I have been a moderator on a fish forum since 2006. That's a long time to be a moderator on any forum. Lately, I have become seriously peeved with this particular fish forum due to the amount of "middle school" crap that goes on there with the moderators and some long-standing members. Going through all of this with another forum makes me appreciate CS.com more, and I wanted to thank all of you. We may not always agree or see eye to eye, but at least here, no matter what, I feel like I am free to express an opinion one way or the other without being bullied.

Thanks guys.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
El Jefe
Shut-up! This isn't a place for froo-froo feelings. Take that back to your fishing hole.

Just kidding....

I know what you mean...this is a great site for exactly what you are talking about.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
LBoz
LMAO!

Lauren, I know that feeling all too well. I have to mod my mods because they can't seem to keep their feelings for the "problem children" under control. It can be exhausting. I think this site does a great job of that (except that Jeff guy) and it's generally a fun place to be. (well, except for that Jeff guy.)

Old 06-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
LBoz
Aaaand, I just saw that you joined my site!! That will surely make you appreciate this place even more!!

Old 06-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
starsevol
I know I could never be a moderator, I'm way too power-hungry and can hold onto a grudge for decades....
Just another reason to love this place, it's fantastic moderators (except for that Jeff guy....)

Lauren, I had no idea what a hypancistrus was...can't even pronounce it,..for the longest time I didn't know your real first name, and couldn't pronounce your nickname, it was a mess!!
Finally, I found out your name, and googled hypancistrus, learned something, and that's pretty good!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohrSnakes View Post
Shut-up! This isn't a place for froo-froo feelings. Take that back to your fishing hole.
You just lost my vote for the next moderation ballot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Lauren, I had no idea what a hypancistrus was...can't even pronounce it,..for the longest time I didn't know your real first name, and couldn't pronounce your nickname, it was a mess!!
Finally, I found out your name, and googled hypancistrus, learned something, and that's pretty good!
It usually happens that way, unless the person reading it happens to be a fish person... in which case they inevitably PM me saying "Do you breed them? How much do you want for one?" Ha!

Last night I was so pissed off at 1:00 in the morning that I resigned my moderator status to the site owner. I can't deal with it anymore... I love sharing what I know, but I am so darn sick of playing the PC fluffy bunny BS that you have to play to be a mod. I just want to get back to flat out answering questions and offering what I know without feeling like I have to justify it if I decide not to go to that site for a day. Good riddance!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #7
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
You just lost my vote for the next moderation ballot.

It usually happens that way, unless the person reading it happens to be a fish person... in which case they inevitably PM me saying "Do you breed them? How much do you want for one?" Ha!
Well, ya know, it was prettyyyyyy bad when you met Tara and all I could think was "it's so good Tara met that nice Hypan...Hypa...oh whatthehell...Hypanwhuzsername girl!!

Old 06-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
whippet
I know EXACTLY what you mean! It took me ages to say it right!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
kathylove
Well, I learned that it was some kind of catfish, but still wouldn't try to pronounce it, lol! I just call her "hypo", seems more "corny". I also like names that have a "hidden" meaning as a way to get to know people who share your interest.

I have never been a moderator, and never want to be. Well, Bill and I were "sort of" moderators on the Reptiles Magazine site, but they paid us to hang out and answer questions to try to increase traffic, so we didn't have to do all of the "real" moderator stuff. But that didn't last too long.

I am not a confrontational person, and like to choose my own battles, so don't think I would like having to fight for somebody's rules and policies that aren't even my own - especially for free! The mods here really do a good job - and they work "cheap"! Better them than me!

Sorry the fish forum didn't work out. The whole reason I like hanging out here is because it feels like such a "real" community, with lots of different kinds of people who GENERALLY get along very well, and GENERALLY police themselves pretty well, compared to most forums. And I like the lack of censorship and lack of simply deleting posts and threads, compared to some forums.

Guess you will have even more time to hang out here, Lauren!

Old 07-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #10
Hypancistrus
You got that right Kathy! I am still working in the "non-finned pets" section of the fish forum, but only as a regular poster. I have no interest in doing the moderating anymore. Sadly my one friend who is a site administrator cannot understand the way I feel and has chosen not to be friends with me regarding this. I wish it had not come to that, but it is her decision. We were friends in the "real world" as well, so it comes as quite a blow. Oh well-- her loss!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google