CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Server move 10/10 & 10/11/2009

Old 10-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
Susielea
Thanks again Rich, I'll be keeping crossed my fingers, toes, arms, legs.........well you get the picture, that it all goes the way you hope!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #12
Rich Z
Got word from my server guy that the domain moves to the new server will take place either later today or early tomorrow. I'll be shutting down this site right before the database move needs to happen. Sorry, I won't have very much warning myself, so this is about as much warning as you are going to get about it. Any emails to me asking what has happened will be ignored, as I am going to be out of town most of tomorrow (Saturday) anyway.

Try to make any posts you make short and sweet so you don't lose them if I shut down the forum while you are composing your words.

Sorry, there is really no completely pleasant way to do this....

Old 10-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #13
Nanci
Hope everything goes well!! BTW, there is the annual bamboo sale at Kanapaha tomorrow!!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #14
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Hope everything goes well!! BTW, there is the annual bamboo sale at Kanapaha tomorrow!!
Thanks for the info, but I have enough bamboo now that I could actually start selling my own. It's actually gotten to the point where I have to start fighting with it to keep it out of places I don't want it to go.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #15
dwyn127
Quote:

Is it tropical or would it grow in the great white north?

Old 10-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #16
Nanci
I don't know the answer to that, Danny! I know my neighbor has some that is invading across the fence line. I just mow it down. I'd kind of like to try a non-running type, though. That botanical garden has a HUGE collection of it. All different species.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
dwyn127
Quote:
I don't know the answer to that, Danny! I know my neighbor has some that is invading across the fence line. I just mow it down. I'd kind of like to try a non-running type, though. That botanical garden has a HUGE collection of it. All different species.
Maybe next Spring you can mail me some??

Old 10-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #18
Rich Z
Angry

Well, I don't know what the hell happened to my server guy. I closed this down late last night in preparation to him copying the database and then he just fell off the face of the earth. I just can't keep this site closed down forever waiting for him to resurface, so he can just deal with this some other time.

Sorry about that. You know, I am losing a lot of faith in everyone these days just doing the job they are paid to do. It's no damned wonder the world is sliding down into the crapper.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #19
Nanci
He sent a message saying he was doing it...Mark or something.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #20
Rich Z
No, that was my message I placed here when I closed the forum. The site was down for over 12 hours for absolutely nothing. I'm fit to be tied and thrown in a cellar right now........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google