CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

New server status check?

Old 10-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #21
Zulu3
I'm sure you have enough headaches to worry about, but I have had a couple problems...

I'm no longer receiving emails when people respond to threads I've subscribed to, but I go to my user CP and it is still set to do it. Is there anything you can do about that?

Also I've had a couple problems posting pictures; it seems not everyone can see them, but I'm not terribly concerned about it. Mainly the email updates.

Thanks, sorry to add to your list =/

Ali

Old 10-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #22
The_Thunderer
Just so that you know, Rich... Spell check just worked for me.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #23
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post
Well, that's odd. I just tried it myself and got this message:

Quote:
vB Spell installation problem, please notify the webmaster.
Guess I had better contact that webmaster about it..........

Old 10-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #24
Susielea
I started a progression thread earlier for my Lavender Bloodreds in the photo gallery, it included some with these [] image tags, they were photos already posted on this site and brought over to the new post, I also uploaded new photos that are attachments and they all worked perfectly

But the Multi-Quote is still not working for me

Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #25
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu3 View Post
I'm sure you have enough headaches to worry about, but I have had a couple problems...

I'm no longer receiving emails when people respond to threads I've subscribed to, but I go to my user CP and it is still set to do it. Is there anything you can do about that?

Also I've had a couple problems posting pictures; it seems not everyone can see them, but I'm not terribly concerned about it. Mainly the email updates.

Ali
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susielea View Post
I started a progression thread earlier for my Lavender Bloodreds in the photo gallery, it included some with these [] image tags, they were photos already posted on this site and brought over to the new post, I also uploaded new photos that are attachments and they all worked perfectly

Well hell.... the multi-quote is working just FINE for me........

Old 10-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #26
Susielea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, there was a LOT of lag earlier, but some config changes on the server made things better. I was feeling pretty panicky there for a bit thinking I was going to have to ditch this server.

I know spellcheck isn't working yet. Probably will be some more problems show up here and there. Anyone tried uploading images as attachments? I've got a few people on FC that are getting an error and unable to do that. Some people can't and others can. Not sure of the common point of failure quite yet. So I want to see if it is limited to FC or also here on this site. Of course, I can upload files so I don't have anything to throw to my server guy as solid evidence to tackle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susielea View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well hell.... the multi-quote is working just FINE for me........
Yay! I logged out, closed my browser, re-opened the browser, I was still logged in, but can now Multi-Quote

So, I can't log out now, but I'll see what happens after I shut the laptop down completely.

Also, my browser opens with cornsnakes as one of it's opening tabs (I've got it set that way), the address is set to www. cornsnakes. com, without the spaces, but as the page comes up it changes to cornsnakes. com without the www. in front I vaguely remember there were some problems a while ago involving the address having or not having the www. but can't recall the specifics, so I'm not sure if that is a problem or not, I can see/navigate the site with or without the www.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #27
snakemom1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu3 View Post

Ali
I was going to mention that some pictures(ones added before the server move) weren't showing up for me. Not sure if they're lost or it's just me.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #28
airenlow
Some of the picture threads aren't showing up for me. I never had a problem with any pics until the big move. And, today the home page isn't loading for me. That's probably my side of things though...

Old 10-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #29
Susielea
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
Some of the picture threads aren't showing up for me. I never had a problem with any pics until the big move. And, today the home page isn't loading for me. That's probably my side of things though...
It's not just you Josh, the home page wasn't loading for me for a little while there, but it is now, maybe the tech guy or Rich is tweaking things

I've not noticed any picture thread problems, are they threads that could have had their pics uploaded around the time of the move? If so the pics may be lost, at least for the time being........

Old 10-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #30
airenlow
The most recent one was Becky's Thayeri pics...but they are working now. I still can't load the home page on Firefox or IE8.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google