• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lenght question

<<S>>

Well I've had my corn for over 5 months now...he's already 50+cm(I think that's about 15+"????)

Now I know that they can reach a size of 6 feet(about 1.80M or so)...My question was: How long will he be when he's 1 year old....about a meter right.....

haha every time he sheds..he grows about 10 cm or so..(that happened 3 times..normally about 5cm or so)..I think that's about 3 inches..I'm not sure..:)

At around a year most of mine are in the 2 ft area (61 cm), though this can vary quite a bit.
1 meter at a year old is not likely. Some people may have gotten them to that size in a year but I never have had them even close to that size at 1 yr.
Corns can get 6ft, but corns much over 5 ft are pretty uncommon.

50 cm equals a little over 19 1/2 inches. You would divide the number of cm by 2.54 to get inches, by the way.

Was the snake a hatchling whne you got him?

And I do have some 2002 snakes that are around 1 meter. They were NOT powerfed. They get fed once a week. It is possible for them to be that big when they are a year old. I think alot of it depends on the snake and the quality of the food. As big as your snake is (if it is a 2003 hatchling) then your may reach a meter by the time it is a year old.

Just keep in mind that it is not healthy to powerfeed them :)

Haha yes it was a hatchling...and seriously dudes(and dudettes:p )...I don't powerfeed...that's like the last thing I would do...I give him 2 pinkies every 5 to 6 days..(he just started eating 2:) )

I agree with CornCrazy. My male snow was 40 inches by the time he was a year old. And not powerfed. But I also have a female who was hardly 30 inches at a year. So they grow at different rates for different reasons.

bmm

Hey

I have an earley 03 hatchling which is just over 2ft now.
I have a yearling which is just over 3ft
And im getting another yearling tomorrow which wil be 3f long.

Cheers

Alex

Back