CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hey guys!

Old 06-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #1
1chonylee
Hey guys!

Hi, my name's Chony Lee. I've had snakes in the past during my youth, always found them fascinating. When my oldest son said he wanted to have a pet snake, I was pretty excited to get back in the hobby. It took awhile to convince my wife we needed one, but we prevailed (yay!). We got a terrarium, heat source, thermostat, and everything else we needed. After searching awhile, we found an awesome baby milksnake who we named Pretzel! Anyway, I'm happy there's a forum like this to refer to for tips and info. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 06-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
Dennis Gulla
Welcome back to the hobby! I too am back after an extended time away. Never lost my excitement, just had other circumstances to deal with. I grateful that forums like this still exist. There is such a wealth of information. I used to milksnakes in my collection. Their beautiful, but I found them to be way too to active to handle. The corns are so much more relaxed.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:48 PM   #3
1chonylee
Thanks! I've heard that about milk snakes being darty. When we bought her, she had 2 tank mates. The other two squirmed like crazy, this one was a little more subdued. My son and I have been taking her out at least once a day for handling sessions, hopefully that will calm her down more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 06-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #4
Twolunger
Darty isn't the word for it. I have a pair of Apricot Pueblans and they never sat still in my hands from hatchlings till two years old. Yours is quite subdued compared to my pair. I used to get musked each time I handled them. At least that stopped, but they sure aren't calm like my corns.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:53 AM   #5
Dennis Gulla
My experience with milk snakes for sure! If you got a calm one, that’s great! A lot of Kingsnakes, potentially act the same way.

Old 06-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #6
Twolunger
When my son had a large milk snake and king snake collection he showed me several of them. They didn't seem flighty at all when he opened the rack containers. Thinking back, he didn't actually pick many of them up, except a couple kings, just pulled out the containers to show them to me. At least my Pueblans don't bite when picked up. LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google