• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Caught a thief in the act...

67temp

I got home from work and was checking on all my animals. When I got to my mice I noticed a snake tail caught in the lid of a mouse bin. Thinking it was a baby anery or ghost corn that might have escaped during the day I quickly snatched it up. I looked at it to identify who it might have been that escaped and suddenly realized this isn't one of my snakes or even a corn snake. It's a baby wild eastern rat snake that got into my house and tried to break into my mouse bins for a meal.

Attachments

• Picture1008181812_1.jpg
    Picture1008181812_1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 57
It has a nice pattern now but as it ages it should turn into more of a solid black with white belly. I have wanted to add a rat snake to the collection and thought about keeping it but will probably turn it lose to take care of the local wild rat population. For the time being it got "a hot and cot" aka a pinkie and a safe place in one of my quarantine rooms to sleep it off.

Back