CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Corn CPR/is it Breathing

Old 02-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #1
Dimerien
Corn CPR/is it Breathing

4 year old corn isn't breathing and was flipped completely upside down.

He was fine last name, came home for work today to see this.

Any emergency response I can do? Not taking to a vet... I fear this is over. Any CPR/blowing straw into his mouth?

Old 02-20-2018, 09:13 PM   #2
Dimerien
Just an update...

I have a 6-7 year old corn snake that made it to about 3.5 feet. She was always on the skinnier side and a fussy eater, especially in the winter. One month, she went a full three months without eating!

I have no idea what could have went wrong, but RIP to my girl, Stitch!

Old 02-21-2018, 12:41 AM   #3
Twolunger
Sorry to hear of your loss. While corn snakes can, and do, live for a very long time, they are not immune to diseases. Bacteria, fungus infections, and viruses all take their toll on reptiles.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:18 PM   #4
Dimerien
I wrote a little obituary if anyone cares to read...

In a biblical setting, the Snake symbolizes malicious intent and deception. In today’s society, we fear the Snake for its eerie outward appearance and Hollywood vilification. Neither are reality.

My girl, Stitch, taught me prevailing life lessons that I won’t soon forget.

The shedding of her skin was a constant reminder of the continued renewal of life. Each time she was reborn, emerging more beautiful and colorful than the last. It served as a reminder that I, too, can shed my own coat of problems and emerge stronger than the last.

Stitch did not strike me once in six years of companionship. She reminded me to never approach an individual with preconceived notions such as those that were bestowed upon her. She reminded me to treat those that are different with kindness and respect despite societal prejudices.

My girl exposed the cruel and beautiful nature of the circle of life. Her prey was always on the same playing field as her. No weapons, no words, just action. There were times where her prey emerged victorious and earned the right to live a free life in the woods. A great lesson in equal opportunity and perseverance.

But despite the raw violence involved with feeding a pet live prey, my Stitch always displayed eloquence and grace. With the utmost respect, she consumed the entire prey, leaving nothing to waste. Much like the indigenous, she taught me to be critical of my own wasteful behaviors and to be grateful for what I am given.

Most importantly… she reminded to not take the ones we love for granted.

Rest in Peace my beautiful little angel.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:07 AM   #5
Nanci
I'm so sorry for your loss. That is the most beautiful snake obituary I have ever read.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google