CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

East Coast Help

Old 07-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #11
DLena
Actually, I saw your info about the ziplock bags and hand pump in a post a few days ago and ordered them off Amazon. They should arrive tomorrow. I thought I would resize into the smaller bags, then put those into other bags. I'm trying to protect my investment, the nutritional value and the "Yumminess" of the mice.
Layne Labs' shipping was $87 on a 350 varied-size mouse order of $189. That's .79 per feeder and well worth it if I can keep them properly frozen. No bedding, fecal matter or frozen urine.
For comparison: American Rodent Supply shipping was $29 on a 200 varied-size mouse order of $89. That's $.59 per feeder, and a total that's much easier to see. Except for the jumbos, which I think were a tad old, the rest were well received by everyone. But there was a very small amount of bedding,fecal matter and frozen urine in with the mice and a few were quite intertwined.
...and now I'm going to sound stupid...but the LL rodents look more peaceful all straight and tail- tucked, than the ARS rodents where some are splayed out or a bit twisted around.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:32 PM   #12
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
As someone who worked there briefly just before they started selling feeders...I'm hesitant.
Shucks! Now ya got me concerned! I was getting ready to place an order from Mac's because they are offering 100 pinkies for $29 and with shipping it's a little under $50, which for .50 a pinkie, I'm willing to chance it.

Anyone ever have a bad experience from them with pinkies or in any other way?

You can email me (in case you don't wanna blow up the spot!) at:

axis1@optonline.net or NeverAlone@optonline.net

Thanx guys!!!!

Old 07-04-2016, 10:39 PM   #13
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
. . .
...and now I'm going to sound stupid...but the LL rodents look more peaceful all straight and tail- tucked, than the ARS rodents where some are splayed out or a bit twisted around.
Not stupid at ALL! Purchasing pre-killed food that has been mistreated perpetuates a nasty component of human nature and if I know better, I'd rather not be a part of it.

"Sounding stupid" is someone who says that Taco Bell is a Mexican phone company!!

Just sayin'.

(Thanx again DLena!!)

Old 07-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #14
DollysMom
The economies of scale work wonders on mouse orders. I only ordered 110 mice for my 3 snakes. That worked out to $1 per mouse including shipping. It is still much cheaper than PetSmart and much nicer mice.

Let me know what you think of those vacuum bags, DLena. So far they are working perfectly for me.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:08 AM   #15
Karl_Mcknight
Like I already said, I use Reptiles by Mac's Mice all the time. I've had no issues with the product.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:47 AM   #16
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
Like I already said, I use Reptiles by Mac's Mice all the time. I've had no issues with the product.
For a total of $49.23 for 100 pinkies, doubt if I could go wrong. I think I'll check them out.

Just waiting for the shells to crack. I'm not superstitious or anything, but since hatchlings don't need to be fed until a week after their first shed (according to a dialogue in a recent thread), I won't count the eggs before they're hatched!! Because, you know the old saying: "A bird in the hand . . .

. . . . can get ya pretty dirty!"
(doncha just LOVE these emoji's?)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google