CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

House snake "self regulating"? Another not eating thread.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:56 PM   #21
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
I'm sorry I couldn't help, and I'm glad Tavia could. Her explanation of why they refuse food during mating season(s) is exactly what I have believed. It all makes perfect sense.

One thing I hope is that in explaining what has worked for me, you found no criticism of your feeding tactics, most of which I didn't know. No criticism was intended, that's for sure. Still I fear I may have stepped in it so I'm definitely sorry for adding to your stress in any way.

Since Clyde is on the path Eve followed, I may soon get my turn with longer fasts. Even one refusal bothered me and stressed me out, though viewed logically it is no big deal. I can imagine, extrapolated from my brief experience, how stressful it feels when they stop eating for longer periods. I hope Eve starts eating again soon.
No, no! I'm sorry! I didn't mean at all for you to feel that way! Honestly, any thoughts or feedback is really, really appreciated. <3

I gave my long-winded reply only to give you more information to work with, so that you could apply your knowledge and experiences as effectively as possible. I've read everything I can get my hands on, and I know you have too, so your knowledge is super valued as well! I have no doubt that even if you've never experienced a snake fast, you've probably read and heard things I haven't, so you definitely have worthy information to add. The only reason I originally directed my question to Tavia and Daddio was because they have specifically had house snakes go on long fasts, but I never intended for that to mean that others couldn't chime in with their thoughts.

Please never feel like you can't add anything you like to any of my threads, I love reading your replies, they always bring a smile knowing how much you care about your snakes and your fellow keepers. On the other hand, I had just finished a big rant on facebook about other issues, so I was all fired up this morning, and may have sounded sharp in my reply to you, which was not my intention, and I sincerely apologize if I made you feel like I didn't appreciate your reply.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:48 PM   #22
DollysMom
All I can say is thank you. Very kind. No you didn't sound sharp. I said what I did because my self-assessment was that I needed to apologize for anything I said that could add stress to an already stressful situation. It is good for my soul in any case.

Admitting what I don't know or when I've been mistaken is absolutely as important as sharing what I do know or at least have read.

I consider your input very valuable and always enjoy conversing with you and reading your comments. Your love for your animals is clear. Besides you are a member of the housie club.

We all always have other issues going on. I just got done with the plumber so you know that wasn't a fun afternoon here, lol.

It's all good. Now let's both go hug a snake!

Old 05-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #23
albertagirl
Quote:

Now let's both go hug a snake!
I absolutely just did that!

Old 05-30-2017, 07:23 PM   #24
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertagirl View Post
I absolutely just did that!
I just hugeed and fed Mandy. Now there's a snake girl who has never turned down a thawed, dead mouse!

Old 06-16-2017, 11:17 PM   #25
albertagirl
Good news!!!

I have some good news! Eve has just taken her second consecutive meal.
They were both smaller than what she was previously eating, just hoppers, but two in a row still makes me pretty happy!! I suspect she's getting ready to shed, all of my snakes seem to be extra hungry right before they go into shed, and the last time she took 2 meals consecutively was in February right before she shed in March. But since she's only taken two meals in total since then (not including these two), it's still great to see her eating anything at all. She was starting to look a little thin, so this should help keep her going for a while. I'll try giving her a regular size meal next time and see what happens. Fingers crossed that she's going to keep this up now!

Old 06-16-2017, 11:20 PM   #26
Tavia
That's great to hear! Fingers crossed she keeps eating!

Old 06-17-2017, 05:25 AM   #27
DollysMom
I'm so happy to hear that! Go Eve!

Old 06-17-2017, 09:13 AM   #28
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
That's great to hear! Fingers crossed she keeps eating!
Quote:
I'm so happy to hear that! Go Eve!
Thanks Ladies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google