• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hurricane Irma

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Well the forecast track I have been watching has changed drastically from what I saw yesterday. Now the track shows it heading directly for Miami, and then abruptly making a northerly turn right before land fall. So it seems obvious that they really don't know what it is going to do and everyone on the east coast of the USA needs to keep a sharp eye out for this storm.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=34.4;-72.6;3&l=rain-3h&t=20170911/06&w=soft

Well everyone is in panic mode around here. If Irma makes it to Cuba and turns into the gulf the outlook isn't good for Charlotte Harbor.

All my best to you and Connie, Rich. I hope it turns out better than it is looking. Same to you Twolunger.

Thinking of you all who are in the path or even the general area. Praying for the best. Stay safe.

I'm feeding all my snakes today just in case I have to flee up north. I know I'll have time before I have to feed again. My friends think I'm nuts, they are worried about damage to their homes and I'm worried about my snakes. Anyway, we have taken all the precautions FEMA recommends, and have the car filled up with gas in case we have to make a run for it.

I'm not sure any of you are in positions to post or to read this. My prayers continue. Thinking of you as you face Irma.

Things haven't gotten too bad yet. The fact that the storm moved onshore and is weakening helps a lot up here in the north part of the state, but certainly not so much for people on the southwest coast of Florida. But on the other hand, had Irma just stayed offshore and cruised up alongside the coast, it would be a LOT worse for a LOT more people.

I'm guessing power will go out here sometime and not sure for how long, as I'm sure a lot of people are going to be without power because of the storm.

Luckily I fixed the Onan generator, so we will have power over in what used to be the old reptile building, and in the garage. We cleaned up the reptile building, so we can sleep in there if necessary.

Hopefully Irma doesn't swing back to the west and then come up the Gulf of Mexico. But heck, looking at the weather radar, just about everyone in Florida is going to be touched by this monster.

Thanks.

Looks like every bit of Florida is going to get hammered by Irma.

Attachments

• Irma_rain_09102017_0900pm.GIF
    Irma_rain_09102017_0900pm.GIF
    282.1 KB · Views: 22
Does anyone know how Orlando is getting on my 17 year old granddaughter there
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things haven't gotten too bad yet. The fact that the storm moved onshore and is weakening helps a lot up here in the north part of the state, but certainly not so much for people on the southwest coast of Florida. But on the other hand, had Irma just stayed offshore and cruised up alongside the coast, it would be a LOT worse for a LOT more people.

I'm guessing power will go out here sometime and not sure for how long, as I'm sure a lot of people are going to be without power because of the storm.

Luckily I fixed the Onan generator, so we will have power over in what used to be the old reptile building, and in the garage. We cleaned up the reptile building, so we can sleep in there if necessary.

Hopefully Irma doesn't swing back to the west and then come up the Gulf of Mexico. But heck, looking at the weather radar, just about everyone in Florida is going to be touched by this monster.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update, Rich. This morning it is a tropical storm, but torrential rain and 60 mph winds, while better, are still formidable.

One of my best school friends lives in Cape Coral and evacuated to a friend's house further inland. I've been carefully watching that coast.

I'm still thinking of you and Connie and hoping for the best. Glad you have the generator ready to go! Take good care in the meantime.

We had mandatory evacuation from southwest Florida. We stayed in Ft. Lauderdale and it was terrible. Very high winds last night and constant tornadoes. Then the power went out, so between the noise of the hurricane, the heat, and the stupid alerts on my nephew's cellphone to take cover, I didn't get any sleep. Irma was heading towards Orlando but loosing strength rapidly. I just got back and put all the snakes in their containers, and mice back in the freezer. Time to pray for all the hurricane victims. My brother lost his home in the Keys near Key West, and he can't even get back to see if anything is salvageable.

I'm glad you and the snakes are safe Twolunger. Sounds like you went though some rough stuff. So sorry about your brother's house. Praying for your entire family! Praying for all down there in FL.

Last edited:
It was ironic that today all my nephew's neighbors were out assessing the damage and tree limbs that crashed down, but with smiles on their faces because nobody was injured. Tomorrow I have to go check on houses for friends and neighbors who are still stranded in northern Florida due to gas stations without power.

I heard from friends in Orlando and they say everyone is safe and they heard of no injuries or deaths due to Irma. It could have been a lot worse.

We haven't heard anything yet but hope we will today the time difference don't help
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of trees down, and power out in some areas. We got so many calls on our cell phones from concerned friends and family that we had to ask them not to call until we got power back on in Lauderdale, which didn't happen. The phone batteries ran down quickly.
that's probably why you haven't heard anything.

Back