CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Value of Hairless Rats

Old 07-23-2005, 11:13 AM   #11
TandJ
Odd eye on top of that.. Thats way to cool.. Odd eye Rex, better tack a few more bucks onto the price.. !!

Regards..

Old 07-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #12
CornCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ
Odd eye on top of that.. Thats way to cool.. Odd eye Rex, better tack a few more bucks onto the price.. !!

Regards..
LOL...maybe it's a genetic mutation that she will pass on to some of her offspring That would be kind of cool.

Old 07-23-2005, 02:52 PM   #13
princess
As fantastic as genetic variety is, I have to say, dogs, cats, mice and rats are meant to have hair to me! I had a pet champagne hooded rat female many years ago and she was just stunning.

Old 07-23-2005, 02:59 PM   #14
CornCrazy
I think they are cute when they are hairless I have some really nice hooded rats, too. Maybe they are champagne? Their color is almost not noticable. It is the palest cream color.

I like the ones with fur, too!

Old 07-29-2005, 07:26 PM   #15
TandJ
Yes, the odd eye trait is genetic and it can and will be passed on through the generations.. Again, VERY cool..

Regards.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:18 PM   #16
Bobo's Mama
Hey, the hairless one is the one that gave me the surprise litter/free food, so I'm not complaining , however she is quite mean. I'm trying to tame her, but she is so nippy and bitey. Maybe it is just because she was pregnant and everything, but she is so different than her cagemate, a nice brown rat, I think could be called "chocolate". Their names are Salt and Pepper. Pepper, the brown one is soooooo cute, she chatters her teeth and would ride around on my shoulder all day if I let her. She's a very nice and affectionate rat. The hairless one however, is skittish and just won't learn to trust me yet. The only reason I got two with different coats is so that my husband, who is blind, could tell the two apart. I could have gotten a rex, but I didn't think the difference would be enough. How do you get a mean rat to be nice? She doesn't bite once she is out of the cage though, but when she's out, all she wants to do is run away. She won't sit still or get on my shoulder or anything like the other one, she just wants to get away.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:07 PM   #17
MastersHaven
Just the other day, My Friend and I were talkng about the hairless rats...

My friend wants some very badly (just as pets) but neither of us have seen them in the petstores here in our area... I had told her that I remembered someone posting about them on here so I told her I would pop on and check it out...

Does anyone know of anyone in SouthWestern Virginia that raises/sales the hairless rats?
If not -- Is it reccommened to buy and ship?

Old 08-05-2005, 05:51 AM   #18
CornCrazy
Sorry, I do know of anyone. I also do not know much about shipping them. I know it can be done as I've received mice before (overnight, of course!). Good luck! I hope you are able to find some!

Old 08-05-2005, 09:40 AM   #19
Bobo's Mama
Update on my hairless little friend. She's finally coming around. I think she was just moody because of her litter and all. She really likes my husband and is nice to me now too. They are a funny pair to watch. They play and groom each other and bicker about this and that. They are very different when we let them out of the cage to explore. The hairless one just LOVES to explore and run around and chase my cat.... yes, she chases the cat and not the other way around, its so funny, my cat is a total weenie. She has been an indoor cat her whole life and has never seen a rat before and doesn't know what to do with it and is kind of afraid of her. The other rat, the chocolate coated one is really timid when she is out and would rather cuddle up on me than run around. She will explore a little bit, but mostly she will come running back if she goes too far. I guess I will know in a few weeks whether I lucked out again and will find out whether the chocolate one is pregnant too. I hope so, that would be ultra cool. I mean technically, all the females that were in with that male should be pregnant right? Anyway, I can hope.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #20
perk7089
This thread is 10yrs old but I breed hairless Rats! Lol.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google