CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

NOTICE!!! - Check the BOI!

Old 12-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #71
Lucille
Directions for test drive:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

Old 12-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #72
Nanci
Lucille is right! ALWAYS check the BOI. If you can't find the person you are looking for, put out an inquiry. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I can steer you away from someone who has a high probability of selling you snakes that will die. I don't want to see that happen.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #73
MysticExotics
Bumping this up for the newbies...be sure to check the BOI before buying any animals!

Old 01-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #74
Nanci
I see it's time to bump the BOI thread! Don't forget to check the BOI, no matter how great a bargain the snakes are, no matter how "big" a name is selling them, no matter how pretty they are.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #75
MysticExotics
Nanci beat me to it

Old 01-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #76
Nanci
One wonders, why does someone selling snakes lock their post? Perhaps they have something to hide!

Old 01-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #77
schnebbles
On here, I closed my posts of for sale snakes when they sold. I couldn't figure out how to delete it, so I figured I'd just close it. Maybe that wasn't a smart idea?

Old 01-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #78
reptiledoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
One wonders, why does someone selling snakes lock their post? Perhaps they have something to hide!
Thank You so very much Nanci.

I have done all I could to make things right with anyone who has had any misfortune with any of my snakes. I have culled all snakes out of my collection that dont appear 100% ok in every way. I have had several of them tested before I euthanized them and confirmed that none of them had any disease or infections. I still put some of them down because they were not perfect and I am trying to avoid any future problems. I apologized to all that have had bad experiences and reimbursed a pile of money to show good faith. Nobody has had any of their snakes infected with anything contracted from my snakes because my snakes are not infected with anything.
My mistake was getting too excited and getting in too deep with too many snakes and ending up with too many eggs and hatchlings. Many of them double clutched without a second breeding. (I thought that was an indication of Very Good Health.) That is how I ended up with more mouths to feed than I could handle. I did my best to keep up with the demands of all the extra hatchlings in addition to working unexpected excessively long hours at work but the longer time went on, the more difficult the struggle became and as a result, some of the snakes apparently became internally compromised over time. I always had a sense of hope that they would all be ok if I just didnt stop trying to take care of them. It just didnt work out that way. That is why the problem was only with the hatchlings and not with Juveniles or Adults.
I never sold anything to anyone with the hope that it would die in the hands of new owners.
I am trying to work my way back into people's good graces but without a fair chance, it isnt possible. Posting a thread like the one you have posted here, suggesting that I am hiding things, is counterproductive and unfair.
I dont appreciate being made out to be some sort of criminal. I would have never reimbursed anybody for anything if I was trying to get away with anything.
I never thought that locking a sale thread was an indication of 'Hiding Anything'. I feel it is a way of preventing the thread from getting cluttered with a bunch of chatter that distracts people from the purpose of the thread.
(Or protecting it from being sabotaged by people with grudges).
By Offering Measurements, Weights and Food Sizes on the snakes I am trying to sell, is a way of comforting people as to exactly what they should expect when they get the snake. I have sold several snakes since all this mess originally unfolded and have had nothing but happy recipients.
I am trying to significantly reduce my breeding stock so I am not faced with the same challenges in 2012. All these animals are Healthy and Brumating Quietly. Without continued interference, maybe I will be able to get this accomplished.
Thank you for understanding.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #79
Nanci
You can't delete a For Sale thread after 30 days. Every comment and question bumps your ad. A good thing! Unless you don't want public commentary for some reason...

Old 01-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #80
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptiledoc View Post
Thank You so very much Nanci.

I have done all I could to make things right with anyone who has had any misfortune with any of my snakes. I have culled all snakes out of my collection that dont appear 100% ok in every way. I have had several of them tested before I euthanized them and confirmed that none of them had any disease or infections. I still put some of them down because they were not perfect and I am trying to avoid any future problems. I apologized to all that have had bad experiences and reimbursed a pile of money to show good faith. Nobody has had any of their snakes infected with anything contracted from my snakes because my snakes are not infected with anything.
My mistake was getting too excited and getting in too deep with too many snakes and ending up with too many eggs and hatchlings. Many of them double clutched without a second breeding. (I thought that was an indication of Very Good Health.) That is how I ended up with more mouths to feed than I could handle. I did my best to keep up with the demands of all the extra hatchlings in addition to working unexpected excessively long hours at work but the longer time went on, the more difficult the struggle became and as a result, some of the snakes apparently became internally compromised over time. I always had a sense of hope that they would all be ok if I just didnt stop trying to take care of them. It just didnt work out that way. That is why the problem was only with the hatchlings and not with Juveniles or Adults.
I never sold anything to anyone with the hope that it would die in the hands of new owners.
I am trying to work my way back into people's good graces but without a fair chance, it isnt possible. Posting a thread like the one you have posted here, suggesting that I am hiding things, is counterproductive and unfair.
I dont appreciate being made out to be some sort of criminal. I would have never reimbursed anybody for anything if I was trying to get away with anything.
I never thought that locking a sale thread was an indication of 'Hiding Anything'. I feel it is a way of preventing the thread from getting cluttered with a bunch of chatter that distracts people from the purpose of the thread.
(Or protecting it from being sabotaged by people with grudges).
By Offering Measurements, Weights and Food Sizes on the snakes I am trying to sell, is a way of comforting people as to exactly what they should expect when they get the snake. I have sold several snakes since all this mess originally unfolded and have had nothing but happy recipients.
I am trying to significantly reduce my breeding stock so I am not faced with the same challenges in 2012. All these animals are Healthy and Brumating Quietly. Without continued interference, maybe I will be able to get this accomplished.
Thank you for understanding.
You hurt countless numbers of my friends, badly. You blamed them when snakes died. Snakes that had been starved to near death. All those poor hatchlings that never had a chance.

You made people who were good snake-keepers doubt their snake husbandry. _I_ am one of the ones that had to comfort the people whose snakes died, who had to try to tell them how to pick themselves up and move on. Who had to tell them how to protect the rest of their collection from God knows what. I and many other members here know way, way too much about modes of disease transmission and PCR testing and necropsies. I have spent countless hours doing research for frantic people with hatchlings dying one after another, with no way to stop the carnage.

You never even apologized, until now.

I hope you have taken a step back and re-evaluated your practices. Best of luck to you in 2012. I hope you have a season of healthy hatchlings.

Thank you for finally addressing this issue directly.

My statement still stands: check the BOI. No one person is being singled out here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google