• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to give you a hand, Rich. I've scoured the thread, and here's what I've come up with. I'm only listing those who have not outright refused. They can correct me if I'm wrong.

RobbiesCornfield (Robbie)
snakemaster24 (David)
medusacoils (Wayne)
diamondlil (Janine)
Cornsnake124
Drizzt80 (Brent)
KJUN (KJ)
mike17l (Mike)
snakewispera snr (Mike)
tricksterpup (Jim)
Rich in KY (Rich)
Bitsy
Kokopelli (Oren)
Nanci (I just spoke to her on the phone, and she's going to at least reconsider.)

Thanks Dean!

The ground rule is that all nominations made by a third party MUST actually accept. No one is going to be drafted into this. If someone doesn't specifically accept, then the assumption will be that they have declined by default.

Seems to me that the list is much shorter this time around. Of course, that first time we had NO moderators. I guess this time around people can see how tough the job is, so there aren't as many takers.

And as I mentioned that first time around, I sincerely wish we didn't NEED moderators here at all. I know how tough it is, and I just wish that a handful of members wouldn't make them a necessity for everyone else to have a good time here.

Lori, you are correct. I declined in post #21.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1005459&postcount=21

Also, Edy (Cornsnake 124), David (snakemaster24), and Mike (snakewispera_snr)....have all been told they would not be considered.

It is also my understanding that historically, mods have been chosen independently of their time on the forum.
In other words, mods have been chosen with very short sums of time on the forum.

Eric, where was it posted that Mike (whispera) wouldn't be considered? I must have missed that. The other two, as great as they are, I can understand due to age alone, but that does not mean that they are not valuable and valued members, IMO. ;)

Eric, where was it posted that Mike (whispera) wouldn't be considered? I must have missed that. The other two, as great as they are, I can understand due to age alone, but that does not mean that they are not valuable and valued members, IMO. ;)
Post #58 was the culmination of several posts that inferred that idea as the tacit logical conclusion.
And I agree with your (my blue) latter phrase with no doubt nor reservations.

EDIT : I don't mean to bore everyone with my photographic memory and/or post counting. But just because I do not want to me a mod, (besides not really being ready),...does not mean that I am not devoted to this forum. I put forward my attentiveness as evidence. And there are no subtle hidden meanings here; I am being humbly frank and honest and sincere.
Well, maybe a little humorous. :D ;)
My photographic memory is not perfect. But I pay good attention, comprehensively so.

Thanks for giving me the post number, Eric. And here I've been feeling somewhat sorry for the team that was in place. I should have known better.

I will also give the moderators veto power over any candidates, as we all need to work together, and I am not about to bring someone on board if it makes matters worse because of conflicts between moderators.

This is awesome, and what I strive for for my own mods. Rich, I had the opportunity to speak to you for a few minutes about running forums in Daytona...but now that you're retired....I might have to pick your brain just a bit more. I did take your advice and reduced my current staff by more than half. Thank you for that advice..I can already see a difference. That was the first thing I noticed when I joined this site...you have very few mods for the amount of traffic you receive daily. Hmmm....maybe you'd like to add a fish forum to your list??? ;)

Thanks for giving me the post number, Eric. And here I've been feeling somewhat sorry for the team that was in place. I should have known better.
I will also give the moderators veto power over any candidates, as we all need to work together, and I am not about to bring someone on board if it makes matters worse because of conflicts between moderators.
This is awesome, and what I strive for for my own mods. Rich, I had the opportunity to speak to you for a few minutes about running forums in Daytona...but now that you're retired....I might have to pick your brain just a bit more. I did take your advice and reduced my current staff by more than half. Thank you for that advice..I can already see a difference. That was the first thing I noticed when I joined this site...you have very few mods for the amount of traffic you receive daily. Hmmm....maybe you'd like to add a fish forum to your list??? ;)
Duly repped, Lori.
Now this is where I learn.
I'd love to just pull up a chair sometimes and listen to the pros.
(Sorry for going off topic, Rich, but I think we could all learn from you, and I am glad you remain here, patient enough for us to do so.)

Duly repped, Lori.
Now this is where I learn.
I'd love to just pull up a chair sometimes and listen to the pros.
(Sorry for going off topic, Rich, but I think we could all learn from you, and I am glad you remain here, patient enough for us to do so.)

Lordy, I sure wish I felt like I know what I'm doing..... :shrugs:

When I first re-visited this thread I was like "aww man, I won't respond/say -again- how much I appreciate everyone who put their names in(I really think they are all top notch people/keepers) and then I stumbled over this...

If we want an overseas mod, how about Kokopelli/Oren? He seems level headed, he loves his snakes... This is just a suggestion because I feel way too new to do more than comment.

Janine would be great, as would Oren, if he is interested. Although I think the American nominees are all good choices, in the interest of balance (and time zones!), I would probably vote for an oversees choice, all things being equal.

Well Gosh, I am flattered beyond belief... I don't consider myself as qualified as the other nominees.
I also represent a tiny population here... I mean, as far as I'm aware I'm the only keeper from the Middle East so the hours are way off and I don't think it will be "hitting the nail's head"... a representative from Europe would make a lot of sense... but from Israel? . Also, it's a Cornsnake site, and I keep no corns- I am here for the people (and spread the Boa gospel).
For these reasons and more, and strongly believing that the people suggested will do a far better job, I decline and strongly support everyone who took up the mantle.

Just to have my name pop out like that means a lot to me, so... thank you very much for that little gift.

Oren.

OK, last call on all nominations, either via a third party recommendation and acceptance, or someone volunteering themselves. That list will then be presented to the mods for review and possible veto of any of the candidates, after which the final list will be presented in a poll in a new thread for that purpose.

Again, someone who is nominated via a third party recommendation MUST accept that nomination or they will not be included in the list.

When this thread is closed, that means the boat has left the dock for this opportunity....

All right. I'm in. I've given this CONSIDERABLE thought. I think it is the community service aspect that people have been guilting me about that mostly caused me to reverse my position. I promise those of you who have expressed concerns that I would not allow myself to be bullied into making decisions that are not true to my heart. If I were to be elected to the moderator position, I promise to try to be a voice of reason, not a voice of authority by terror. I intend to remain the person you have come to know here. Thank you for your consideration.

To clarify, I _am_ excited about the possibility of a mod position. I apologize for my waffle-ish-ness. Once I dug deeper and considered everything, it became clear that I did, after all, really want this.

To clarify, I _am_ excited about the possibility of a mod position. I apologize for my waffle-ish-ness. Once I dug deeper and considered everything, it became clear that I did, after all, really want this.

Don't be shy in admitting that my persuasive arguments and irresistable charm swayed you.

(I should just shut up, I guess.) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back