• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lizard watching in November

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Kind of nice to be able to see the fence lizards sunning themselves, even in late November. Got kind of chilly last night (one of my external thermometers claims 27.9 degrees), so didn't see any of them out today.

fence_lizard_11262019_01.jpg

fence_lizard_11262019_02.jpg

But it is not unusual to see lizards about all year long as long as they can find a reasonably sunny spot to bask in.

I miss all of the anoles when I lived in Florida. They were so numerous you had to be careful not to step on them as you were walking down the sidewalk!

Actually where we are located is one of the few places left where I have still been seeing green anoles instead of the Cubans. The Cuban anoles have pretty much taken over everywhere else in Florida.

They are quite cool looking, for sure! Wish we had some native reptiles, but all we seem to see are giant slugs. Sigh.

-Tonya

Back