CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

Anyone know anything about Leopard Geckos?

Old 11-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
TheFrogman

Good Pets?
High/Low Maintenance?

They have one for adoption at my local pet store, tank, light, heater and all but I know nothing about them.

You expert opinions and knowledge are welcome here.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
Doggey75
I;m no expert but I have a leopard gecko. Ive had him for 2 weeks now. He has been kinda a struggle to care the first week but after that he was getting more active and happy and would eat at least 1 meal worm a day (He is kinda small). I personally like them a lot. Even though I'm more of a snake person :P

Old 11-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
Chip
There are tons of good care sheets out there on leos. Just Google, and you will find tons. Their care is pretty straightforward, I'd consider them the corn snakes of lizards. The only downside to them (from my perspective) is they eat live insects, so there will be lots of trips to the pet shop. Some people alternate crickets and mealworms, but I kept my colonies on mealworms alone.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
Alicia P
Yup they are like the corn snakes of lizards, come in all sorts of colors and easy to care for.
-I feed ours dubia roaches, dusted with calcium w/ D3 or a multi-vitamin
-He has a UTH with a thermostat, no light.
-We use tile for substrate, I had to put a little calcium sand underneath the tiles to get the heat to transfer properly.
-They need a dish of plain calcium powder at all times.
-They love humid hides, I soak Spike's sphagnum moss down at least once a week.
-Spike poops in the same spot every time he goes, he's super considerate.

Here is one care sheet that I bookmarked when I was researching leo's, but there are many, many others. All in all I don't think leo's are hard to care for

Old 11-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
TheFrogman
Thanks so much everyone and Alicia , that's what I was looking for. Anyone can read a care sheet, I was looking for some personal experience and opinions.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
Outcast
I had one and would go to the pet store every week or so to get some lobster roaches... That was until I saw them breeding in her tank. Then I just spot cleaned, misted, kept the water up, and gave her meal worms occasionally. She thrived on the roaches. But I gave her to a friend who breeds them, when I had to go off for the summer last year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google