• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Looking for a Ball Python

bryansnake

I'm looking at getting a ball python for myself, and as with corns, there are just so many morphs. I'm having trouble tracking down websites with the ones I was looking for, so I'm asking for help from more experienced people. I'm looking for someone who'll ship to canada, or is in canada, and what the average sale price for the morphs are.

Axanthic (preferably almost black and white like this picture http://shop.newenglandreptile.com/c/14-category_default/axanthics.jpg )
Blitz
Desert Ghost
Butter
Reaper
Biancaball

Any information is Greatly Appreciated.

If you can edit your title to say "Canada" at the end, you might get a quicker response. Good luck!

The most "popular" on your list which I have seen at shows are butters. Unless of course the others may go by other names as well.

Second, but much farther behind, would be axanthic, then blitz. I have not seen ANY of the others at any shows or listed on Canadian sites (with those names). I do not know the morph makeup of each - no do I care to do the research ;) but I can tell you that if you don't mind spending the extra money shipping from the USA, you'll probably have much better luck. Southern Ontario has some good breeders as well, but again, that distance.

Should have mentioned, I have only been to about 4 shows in the past couple of months. Just because I haven't noticed them doesn't mean they aren't there. But my guess is, if it is a hot-ticket item, they go FAST. Which may be why you aren't finding them easily... if they are here at all.

Ha come to the US. You're lucky to even find a reptile that isn't a ball python or crested gecko. I don't know about the morphs though. I can't tell the difference from one to the next with ball pythons. Good luck!

Axanthics tend to brown out as they get older. Some of the axanthic combos do a better job of staying black/white/grey instead of turning brown. Just something to keep in mind as you are shopping.

Butters are pretty easy to come by. Lessers are very similar, so much so that many people speculate they are the same gene. These are probably your cheapest option on your list.

Desert Ghosts seem to be becoming more common. The name can be confusing, though. There is also a morph just called "desert" and of course there are ghosts, which in the BP world usually means hypo.

The other 3 I'm not really familiar with. I did look at the links, and the biancaball has a look fairly similar to a calico or sugar, so you might want to look those up as well and consider them, as they are both reasonably common morphs. I'm not quite as familiar with them as I am with lesser/butter, but I think it is another pair of morphs that are so similar they may possibly be the same gene.

Since I'm not in Canada, I'm really not familiar with what breeders are up there, but I do know the name Markus Jayne, so you might want to look that one up.

Back