CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

Non-feeders/finicky eaters

Old 06-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #1
chris68
Non-feeders/finicky eaters

To my snake breeding friends, a bit of a touchy subject but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I've been contacted by a zookeeper from Clyde Peeling's Reptiland in Allenwood PA, looking for finicky or non-feeding babies to help feed a group of baby king cobra's they are receiving. Anyone looking to give purpose to snakes that may well just starve to death please let me know. I know a lot of you are not fans of feeding snakes to snakes but since that's what some snakes eat I'm hoping to be able to help them out. Please, no flames. Thanks

Old 06-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #2
Nanci
This would be a good "purpose" for deformed babies, too.

I wish there was a photo of the adorable baby cobras!

Old 06-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #3
chris68
I'll make sure to ask for some Nanci

Old 06-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
kc261
I'll try to remember this in case I have any babies out of my one clutch I'm expecting this year that will fit the bill.

Do they need to be sent live? Or would frozen be ok?

Old 06-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #5
crturley
How soon do they need them? In a couple of weeks, I'll have a clutch of 22 hatching from a stargazer test clutch that I was planning to euthanize.

Catherine

Old 06-06-2014, 05:05 AM   #6
Nanci
Wow- that is an excellent purpose for gazer test babies. That whole thing makes me sad- but that would help a lot.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
chris68
Catherine just let me know when they hatch, and that's a great idea

Old 06-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #8
crturley
Will do, and thanks! I've been dreading having to kill the little guys. Much better to feed baby cobras.

They're due around the 16th.

Old 06-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #9
MysticExotics
That is one of the hard things about breeding, especially if you're testing out Stargazer genes, you have to be prepared to be responsible with the babies that should not go out.
It is a good source for the babies from testing out SG gene.
I hope that all of my babies eat just fine, because I only have 12 eggs, but if I have some that don't eat, I'll let you know.
I had to cull a couple of non feeders not too long ago, I wish I had known about this.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #10
crturley
Well, they've hatched! 21 Sunkisseds, no homo gazers, but all of them het for it.

Since there's no point in feeding them mice, they're ready to be mailed as soon as you let me know how to go about it. Thanks!

Catherine

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google