CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

the saga continues........

Old 02-16-2007, 03:50 AM   #411
diamondlil
Jaxom, that's fantastic news! I know exactly how that lump in the snake's belly can give you a lump in your throat!
Meg, you're totally right in my opinion. I said before there's no way I could ever breed Lil in case there's a genetic reason for her early problems. With the fostersnake Skooge, her owner knows her kinks as well as her feeding problems mean she's going to be best as a virgin queen all her life.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #412
MegF.
I just love that name!! Skooge! Just makes you want to laugh!

Old 02-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #413
Trimmer82
I got the "skooge" name from the Nickleodeon cartoon series Invader Zim. Theres an alien in there called invader skooge and i just liked it:P
Skooge is looking so good!! Can I take a couple of them plastic flowers when I collect her? she looks great on them and it might help her settle into her viv a bit better

Sorry she keeps biting, must be where shes feeling alot stronger now, getting a bit bolshy :P

Old 02-17-2007, 01:38 AM   #414
diamondlil
Of course you can have the bad-taste flowers too! They make a great hide/climbing frame for hatchlings. Most sheds are wound in between the branches, so the snakes obviously use them as shedding aids too.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #415
diamondlil
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! SHE DID IT! I'm off to visit my chap tomorrow, so was going to feed Skooge tonight, but there are squeakers in the nest. So I introduced her to her first live pink, and let her have a think about it. She freaked out at first, trying to escape for about 5 minutes, then the tongue flickering increased, the head digging movements started, and she caught on, finally, to what baby snakes are supposed to do with baby mice.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #416
diamondlil
and here's the clever girl afterwards!

Old 02-18-2007, 08:39 AM   #417
Tula_Montage
Fantastic news!

BTW Janine just how kinked is she?

Old 02-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #418
Trimmer82
Look at her go!!
I feel like a dad watching his baby take its first steps!!
Skooge is all kinds of awesome!

Old 02-18-2007, 08:45 AM   #419
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage
Fantastic news!

BTW Janine just how kinked is she?
She does have kinks in the last 1/4-1/3 of her body, those areas look bumpy and just don't move right, but it doesn't slow her down except in a vertical climb up the tub wall. If she gets overexcited the end of her tail takes on a life of its own, curling around in random coils, so I think there's nerve damage/deformity to that end. She defecates normally and has never regurged (stay away Murphy), so it doesnt seem to affect her digestion.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:50 AM   #420
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmer82
Look at her go!!
I feel like a dad watching his baby take its first steps!!
Skooge is all kinds of awesome!
The last couple of meals I forced cut-up pinks instead of puree in, to get her used to swallowing more solid stuff. As soon as she started the head-digging I knew we were going the right way. I've got new pinks due next week, plus a supply of f/t of this size, so we'll see if she converts now or takes a little time. The main problem was not distracting her, as I was lying on my bed watching her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google