CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

the saga continues........

Old 03-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #581
MegF.
Excellent news!!! The local petstore near me got out of snakes, for which I'm grateful! They never took care of them properly and I hated to see them there.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #582
Susielea
Oooh you're a pet shop rehabber too! Sounds like you've done good for their trade as well! And you know they've got their act together now so you can safely sell them your hatchlings this year too! Worked out well for everyone by the sounds of it, Well done!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #583
diamondlil
The thing is, Susie, this has always been a superb shop. Over the years I've had tropical fish, gerbils, guineapigs and finches from them, as well as our cockateil and our sadly missed striped grass mouse. This is the place where I was tempted by the giant pouched rat. Everything is in excellent health.
The reptiles were a new venture for them and keeping the snakes together was suggested strongly by the RSPCA and the vet from the local council. By talking to the owner of CPR about the problem too I've given them a helping hand in how to deal with the recommendations. The failure of Val to thrive whilst co-habbed and his quick turn around could be valuable if there are more 'helpful' suggestions.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #584
Susielea
Oh boy, that explains a lot!
I've heard lots of things about the RSPCA and their recommendations concerning the care of reptiles, so nothing I hear about them surprises me any more I'm afraid.

Don't get me wrong, their are plenty of charitable organisations out there that do really good work, but I just think they haven't really got a clue on this subject.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #585
diamondlil
I can't believe I hadn't updated Lil's thread for ages, but then she's just a big fat healthy girl now! 318 grams of former non-feeder, who's owner adores her!

Old 11-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #586
Devilscat
dimondlil, I know this is a very old thread. I have enjoyed reading every post. I think you have the patience of an angel. I have only had one non-feeder. I did try everything suggested by others, except pureed mice. That was the next step. My 12 year grand-daughter was even willing to puree the mice. Our little girl did not make it. All the rest of our snakes are good healthy eaters. Your Lil is so beautiful.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #587
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
I can't believe I hadn't updated Lil's thread for ages, but then she's just a big fat healthy girl now! 318 grams of former non-feeder, who's owner adores her!
And worth every blood & tear you put into her... she's gorgeous

Old 12-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #588
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebonilass View Post
And worth every blood & tear you put into her... she's gorgeous
Thanks Ginger. She's freshly shed today

Old 12-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #589
LBoz
Wow, she's gorgeous!! I'm sure she knows she's loved very much. I love happy endings.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #590
diamondlil
I can't imagine ever giving up any of my pets, but if I could for some reason only keep one snake, it'd be Lil.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google