• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

SRCORNS.COM Hatchling Thread (2015)

Actually I think all the ones you are posting are the good stuff! You all would laugh at me if you could see me looking at this thread, every one you post I google to see what they look like as adults lol. They look so different from hatching to adults!
Thank you!
They really do! and it so hard to not get attached to hatchling colors.. or overlook something as a hatchling that will someday be stunning.

I feel like every time I look at a baby corn its almost like playing russian roulette...

So true...So true...

Amel Sunkissed

I have one of these, produced by you, that is het lavender. A very bright orange and beautiful snake, with a white head that looks like it was dipped in bleach, although the color has filled in some. She still has white cheeks, though.

Tessera Lava (PH Cinder)

It looks as if he is also curious to whether or not his sibling is a Tessera Lava Cinder.

Attachments

• DSCN5609.JPG
    DSCN5609.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 120
And older pic

In 2-3 years, I'll pair her with my ultramel lavender tessera male, to start an ultramel orchid tessera project, which I am sure you will complete before me ;)

Very nice and great project! You will beat me for sure on that one lol!

Maybe.........:)

You just need to make one, then making more will be easy. But remember the genetics are weird, and you probably won't get more diamonds by crossing the diamond to its parents or littermates. But crossing the diamond's offspring back to it will yield 1/2 diamonds instead of 1/4 diamonds! Confused yet?

You will be able to make diamonds if any of your charcoal ph lava or lava ph charcoal animals prove out their het. But you would have to mate them to each other, or to their offspring, to have a 1/4 probability of diamonds. Isn't linkage great?

Good luck...it's ultimately just a matter of time. Even loci that are very close together recombine eventually.

I will now refrain from derailing your thread with obscure genetics. Unless you get weird results :)

Last edited:
You just need to make one, then making more will be easy. But remember the genetics are weird, and you probably won't get more diamonds by crossing the diamond to its parents or littermates. But crossing the diamond's offspring back to it will yield 1/2 diamonds instead of 1/4 diamonds! Confused yet?

You will be able to make diamonds if any of your charcoal ph lava or lava ph charcoal animals prove out their het. But you would have to mate them to each other, or to their offspring, to have a 1/4 probability of diamonds. Isn't linkage great?

Good luck...it's ultimately just a matter of time. Even loci that are very close together recombine eventually.

I will now refrain from derailing your thread with obscure genetics. Unless you get weird results :)

I'm totally on track :)

Let's just hope I get one some day soon!

Omgsh that Tessera Lava... So stinkin' cute.
I am checking this thread like every 30 minutes.
Obsessed.

Back