• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Baby Okeetee

JustinOfCO

New-ish Snake Dad
This is Asklepios, or Askie for short. I'm absolutely thrilled to have found him and been able to bring him home. I couldn't wait to share pics, so here's a couple sneaky cell phone pics of him. I can't wait to get better shots with my DSLR once he is settled in.

(I say 'he', but I actually don't know!)

He loves to climb and has little fear so far. I've found him sleeping in the plants more than once. I may have to get him some ledges or an elevated hide.

HbhjzgHl.jpg

G6l6he8l.jpg

QkcwoY7l.jpg

I've already got plans for what species I want next, and what I'm going to do with his terrarium when he gets bigger and I upgrade it. ;)

I found him at a place called The 5280 Reptile Room in Wheatridge. I liked the place, the folks working there were really friendly and answered all my questions patiently. I hadn't expected them to have any corns, since no one else seemed to, much less two of the morphs on my short list (Okeetee and anery).

Seeing that guy doesn't help me.
I have been fighting myself because I have been thinking that I need an Okeetee. :badidea: :poke::uhoh:

I'll gladly be a bad influence and add to that with this:

1Zc4rlzl.jpg

This was the day after he shed (which came off perfect!), his reds and oranges are starting to come in! He's also about 2" longer and 4 g heavier than he was when I brought him home.

I'll gladly be a bad influence and add to that with this:

1Zc4rlzl.jpg

This was the day after he shed (which came off perfect!), his reds and oranges are starting to come in! He's also about 2" longer and 4 g heavier than he was when I brought him home.
Oh, I see, you are one of those kinda people that just try to help.:poke:

Beautiful little guy! Young corns are often very climby and can get into all sorts of nooks and crannies.

Thanks! And you got that right, he is a fantastic little trouble maker! I was thinking if he keeps wanting to climb as much when he's older as he does now, I'm going to have to build him a custom enclosure that's taller so that he can.

Pine said:
Oh, I see, you are one of those kinda people that just try to help.

Absolutely! I am a very helpful person! :devil01:

Was just at an aquarium shop that also has reptiles.
I thought I was over it, walked into the reptile room and stared looking at all the critters.
Then it happened, I looked and they had a few corns.
A nice albino, a ghost and a OKEETEE! :headbang:
You have got to be kiding me! I have not seen one except online.
Nope I'm not going to do it, I don't need another corn.
So to help matters, my wife tells me to just get it but i figure it would set me back about $200 to get the snake and everything I need to get it setup.
So we are checking out with some stuff and i mention about the snake to the gentleman st the cash register and he told me he will hold it for 5 days for me. :bird::headbang:

Was just at an aquarium shop that also has reptiles.
I thought I was over it, walked into the reptile room and stared looking at all the critters.
Then it happened, I looked and they had a few corns.
A nice albino, a ghost and a OKEETEE! :headbang:
You have got to be kiding me! I have not seen one except online.
Nope I'm not going to do it, I don't need another corn.
So to help matters, my wife tells me to just get it but I figure it would set me back about $200 to get the snake and everything I need to get it setup.
So we are checking out with some stuff and I mention about the snake to the gentleman at the cash register and he told me he will hold it for 5 days for me. :bird::headbang:

It's not my fault.
20190818_170629~01.jpg

Attachments

• 20190818_170629~01.jpg
    20190818_170629~01.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 41
20190818_180243~01.jpg
Guess I'm just a pushover.
Here's my new baby Okee.

Attachments

• 20190818_180243~01.jpg
    20190818_180243~01.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 43
Yes! Join us on the Okeetee side! He's absolutely adorable, those markings are going to look fantastic when he's older! Congrats!

Sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm new to corns and don't know the morphs very well, but could someone explain the difference between okeetee and normal? Is it just that the black bands are thicker?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using Tapatalk

I'm still new at this too, but from what I have guessed is that true Okeetee are a regional strain, meaning that they're found in a particular part of South Carolina. They were prized because of their brighter, bolder coloration. It's now more about the color than the location for some folks, so there are Okeetees that don't descend from that area directly. So basically, brighter wild colors with bolder black markings.

The folks who know more, please correct me on anything I got wrong!

Back