• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OMG what are those popping up?!

I understand, but they don't change a bit, they only get larger so you won't see much difference :p They ate yesterday but I made a mental note to take pictures in the near future :)

And these are half sibs from the same father but another daughter (amel!) is the mother. Cross my fingers for amel tiny scaled baby's :bird:

As you might know from the post about him being ill, I lost the father recently so these clutches mean so much to me :)

Attachments

• jummy-klein.jpg
    jummy-klein.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 298
18 good eggs I think I counted. Nice clutch! How many were there last year?

Only 9, one perished very soon and 5 either never hatched or pipped and then died :sobstory: The ones pipping but not getting out looked perfectly healthy and had no tiny scales... I hope it was a coincidence and these two clutches will all prosper.

By the way, what do you guys think of 'velvet corn' as a name for the morph in case I'm so lucky this is heritable? They feel velvety, a bit like a jungle python.

I'm so sorry about the male. ;_; He was a handsome beast in his own right. And I *love* the name 'velvet' for them.

Oh I am sorry about Dad. I didn't realize that it was the tiny scale Daddy. I hope that these clutches are just perfect for you. And I vote velvet if it does prove genetic.

*UPDATE* Photo's taken in sunlight

First outdoor photoshoot ever for them!

First Why:

why-april%202011-2-klein.jpg

why-april%202011-klein.jpg

Then Visitor:

visitor-april-2011-klein.jpg

visitor-april-2011-2-klein.jpg

Both are in the regular size range for yearlings, though Visitor is a bit larger (Why = 60 grams, Visitor = 68 grams at the start of April). The weird thing is, they seem to weigh less then expected from their size, though they seem to have quite a sturdy build, especially Visitor. Maybe the scales are fooling the eye when it comes to judging their build?

Visitor's scales seem to get a bit raggedy on the lower half of is body but Why's are still perfect, dunno about that. Both shed just like any corn, nicely in one piece all the time :)

Wow! They're all grown up almost! And absolutely gorgeous! :)

I could also call them High Definition corns, hehe :)

Call them 1080p's. :grin01: Or Amoled's.
(For those who might not know, 1080p is the highest definition currently available. Super Amoled display is what the display on Android phones with the highest possible pixel count is called. It's the rival to the iPhone4's Retinal display.)

Would anyone be interested...

.... to buy a (het for) 'HD' corn or couple if any are born in the clutches this year? Or maybe make a trading deal? My interest is mainly in tessera corns then.

I know it might seem a bit early because it might not be heritable at all but if anyone is interested that person and me can take it in consideration before hatchling season and sales starts. I simply can't keep all the hatchlings like the large scale breeders do and I won't sell any other corns for it, I already postponed some projects and even canceled one project and decided to sell the project couple I bred and raised myself to adulthood.

And it's a chance to step in very early in breeding this morph if it turns out to be a morph :dancer:

Please PM me if interested.

Back