CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Couple of spider pics

Old 07-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
Rich Z
Couple of spider pics

Found a couple more spiders that seemed photo worthy.

Photos taken with Nikon D850 with Nikkor 60mm micro lens.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
Frank Pinello
Nice photos. Those spiders are like art.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
Twolunger
Spiders give me the heebie jeebies. When my son had his pet shop he was showing me a really cranky tarantula. If you put anything in it's vivarium it would attack it. He put a ball point pen in the viv and the spider bit it and left venom marks. Then it jumped out of the vivarium and we all scattered. He had to get a net to get it back in the viv. Not my idea of a fun pet. But the spider pics are awesome, especially since they are hundreds of miles away from my yard.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
Rich Z
I can't say I am real fond of spiders, neither, but some can be photogenic. I especially don't like the surprise of walking face first into a web. We have a particular type of spider around here that only spins it's web when it gets dark. Then apparently takes it up in the morning. So just because you walked between those two trees just a couple of hours ago when it was light, doesn't mean there isn't a spider web there now when the sun has gone down.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
Twolunger
I went bonkers as a child when one of those black & yellow orb weavers got on my pants leg after I was running through the field near our house. My uncle happened to be over and he told me to stop trying to get the huge spider off my pants, as it won't hurt me. He picked the spider up by the fat body and placed it on his tongue to show it was harmless.
All it did was gross me out, I thought he was eating it.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:44 PM   #6
Frank Pinello
I've had and maybe still do one of the night time web builders. Used to spin a large web between my house and a adjacent oak tree. My wife and I would check on it after dark each night and in the morning it would be gone like it was never there. It last about a week and never seen it again.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #7
Rich Z
Couple more spider pics using my Nikon D850 with the Nikon 70-180 zoom micro lens.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:30 PM   #8
Frank Pinello
I like the green one.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:01 AM   #9
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
I like the green one.
I believe that one is a Green Lynx Spider. We see them often around here just hanging around on plants. Matter of fact, this one was still in the same basic area on the same plant when I looked today. So food must be plentiful for it.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:32 AM   #10
Twolunger
The hairy one makes my skin crawl.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google