CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

"Oh. There you are."

Old 10-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
ladyrepublica
"Oh. There you are."

I had the worst freakout with Scarlet today. I peered into her cage and couldn't see her, so I figured she was hiding in her cavey thing on the warm side of the viv since I fed her yesterday evening. An hour later, I looked in, saw she wasn't in her cave, her "cool side" hide, or burrowed somewhere in her substrate.

I flipped out.

I took everything out of the viv, combed thoroughly through the substrate, then proceeded to look around the viv, under the TV, or by the XBox. It was at that point I started panicking. I kept thinking to myself, "did my boyfriend leave the lid open? OMG DID THE DOG EAT HER???" I decided to give up the search after 2 hours of turning over everything in the apartment and I put her hides back in the viv, hoping that she'd show up. I stopped when I saw a little pink tail flicker underneath her hide... she had stuck herself way up in the uppermost crevice of her hide!!

"Oh. There you are."

Cracking open a beer now after all that mess.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
The_Thunderer
LOL. Yeah... this happens a LOT when they're tiny! Glad she didn't get out!!!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
Urban_M86
hehehe sneaky little thing!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #4
ladyrepublica
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post
LOL. Yeah... this happens a LOT when they're tiny! Glad she didn't get out!!!
Oi. Me too. After that, she poo'd on my boyfriend while he handled her. It's been a funny day.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
Xaceospades
thats one thing im glad i dont have to wory about because i made a homeade lid that he wont be able to lift until hes about 3yrs old cause it weighs like 5-7lbs but i have a mechanism that will hold it. i know it will hold cause my dad made the same lid but bigger for his boa years ago.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
haydnrobinson
Gosh this happened to us too, but Salvador hid in the bit under the sliding glass doors- apparantely notorious for babies to hide in but the pet shop told us it'd be a perfect tank for her. Glad you found her!

Old 10-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
Emily1188
Awww, I did this when I brought my littlest snake home in August - LOL. My heart was racing and everything.

Luckily, she's become pretty good about using her hides instead now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google