CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

I thought they just slept after eating

Old 04-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #21
Elsa
LOL, the poop- also learned the lesson the squishy way, always wait for the poop....

Old 04-15-2015, 02:14 PM   #22
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInIsengard View Post
Yeah. I learned my lesson. I handled him right at the 48 hour mark, so I was playing with "fire." Now, I wait for poops. That's an odd sentence to type...

Old 04-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #23
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa View Post
LOL, the poop- also learned the lesson the squishy way, always wait for the poop....
Yes indeed, a maxim to live by.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #24
D'n'D
Elsa also used to climb int he vines after eating - she even hung in there for 24 hours after lunch. had no issues. now that the vine is not there anymore, she climbs onto the branches and thermometer and sensor wires. For some reason she likes digesting in the air ... lol

Old 04-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #25
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'n'D View Post
Elsa also used to climb int he vines after eating - she even hung in there for 24 hours after lunch. had no issues. now that the vine is not there anymore, she climbs onto the branches and thermometer and sensor wires. For some reason she likes digesting in the air ... lol
Elsa is an aerialist!

Dolly is getting more and more active. I wonder if part of it is his just settling in and getting comfortable in his new home. He's out and about where I can see him a lot more in the evenings. For the first month he just holed up in his warm hide all day, every day, though I saw evidence of activity in the dark of night.

Speaking of vines, I got down to the the big, local reptile store in the south suburbs a few days ago, and besides getting a stock of frozen mice, I got some more viv decor. With only one viv to decorate, I can afford to go a little crazy. Now he has 3 vines to choose from. He was playing in all three last night and at one point was stretched between the two on the right.

Dolly is currently sleeping in the log, cool hide, on the right. FYI, the light is LED, non UV, non heating, and for a day-night cycle only.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:47 PM   #26
Kenzie'sGrampa
When I feed my Peaches, she goes into her warm hide, curls up tightly, and remains there for roughly 30 hrs. At first, I was concerned, but after careful observation, she seems fine.
I, too, learned the heard way about waiting for a poo sighting before handling. The day I got her, just after Christmas, of '14, she got my girlfriend good. I found it amusing. She, on the other hand....not so much, as she was "scantily clad". I waited hours after that incident to handle Peaches. Once I did, she "initiated" me into the fold with the most foul-smelling discharge it has been my displeasure to experience. I still found it amusing, only less so. Needless to say, I wait for the poo, remove the poo, and THEN (and ONLY then) handle her.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #27
cjbage
thane goes all over the place after he eats, sometimes in a warm hide, sometimes in his cool side, other times he gets a drink of water then just plops down with his head up on a rock staring out the front of it.

It's the two babies that has me a bit worried, they are in quarantine tubs, light layer of aspen, 2 hides and a water bowl is all they have. And I never see them. After 2 days I'll take them out and make sure they know where the water is, my little amel will drink and drink then sit in my hand for a bit then wiggle back off and back into one of her hides.

My butter on the other hand, is flighty now. I have yet to actually see him drink, he doesn't like being held at all. So I hold him a sec near his water to see if he wants any but will usually just be in a rush to get down. They both have hearty appetites and have pooped. They are left alone for a few days until I go to clean up their little poop areas.

There was evidence of him being in the water bowl at one point as a small splash of water was on the side of the tub.

They completely ignore toilet tubes. I was thinking maybe adding a few small items to clutter it up a bit as these will remain their homes for a while after their quarantine is up and I get more AP Cages.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google