CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Snakes been hiding 24/7?

Old 06-28-2015, 11:37 PM   #1
Jupiter
Snakes been hiding 24/7?

So Sir Blinky has been not coming out of his hide at all for the last week. About a month ago I switched his viv location from in my bedroom (quiet, mostly dark room) to the main living room, where there is far more activity, and some sort of artificial lighting at all times. But for the first week or so, he was fine, out and about during the nights like always. Then he shed, now he hasn't been coming out at all for like a week/10 days. I've been feeding large fuzzies every 5 days, he eats fine, I haven't found any regurges or anything... He just has been staying inside. I had to switch his warm side hide, it used to be this rock, but I think he was close to outgrowing it, so I took the rock out and put a cardboard box in instead. There are eyes on the cage 24/7 (I've been telling people to keep an eye out for him to see if he's been coming out) and no one has seen him at all. He's always found in the same (warm) hide. Is this normal? He doesn't act differently when being held or anything, he's just not coming out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-29-2015, 11:40 AM   #2
rockinghorsedemon
My snake likes to hide a lot for a month or so and then will go back to cruising. He might just be spooked from being watch so much and is hiding cuz he's scared. He is most likely find tho. I wouldnt worry

Old 06-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
wendhend
It's normal for corn snakes to want to hide most of the time, and he is probably content with his surroundings. Baby corns will climb some, but that always seems to lessen with maturity. Corns are beautiful snakes, but they are really not the best display snakes due to their desire to hide most of the time. For that reason, all of my corn snakes live in racks, and I only keep display cages for my arboreal snake species, who do prefer to hang out where they are visible most of the time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google