CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Never see him

Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #11
diamondlil
Habistat mat-stat for if you just use the heatmat, about £25. For the light, proportional thermostat, about £45. http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/viv...tats-330-c.asp
Digital in/out thermometer/hygrometer with probe, £16. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...source=15&SD=Y

Old 01-21-2008, 05:58 PM   #12
Hunter2011
what do you mean a stick-on dial??? for the thermometer?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #13
Peety87
Hey, yea stick on dial is the thermo i use, gonna purchase a digi one asap.

P.s good news he came out 2nite for a while i was playing with him for 20mins or so, feeding day 2morro, hope all goes well. will keep u updated..

Old 01-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #14
Hunter2011
is that the ones with the metal dial?
cause thats the oe i was gonna get cause can't really afford digital one ='(

Old 01-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #15
hartsock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter2011 View Post
is that the ones with the metal dial?
cause thats the oe i was gonna get cause can't really afford digital one ='(
Go to Wal-mart in their hardware section where the thermometers are. Usually on a wire rack that hangs on the side of an endcap. They have a white digital therm w/humidity that sells for about 7 bucks. Doesn't have a probe, but I just stick them in the tank where I went them. they do have a clip on the back and a magnet on that. Some of the cages I got little magnets and put the magnet on the outside of the tank to hold the thermometer in place. But if snake is bigger and magnet isn't strong enough you risk having the snake injured when it knocks it off the tank or at the very least you are picking up magnets every morning, lol.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:27 AM   #16
diamondlil
With the probe is better if you can get it. I was tearing my hair out wondering why the tubs on my new rack would only get maximum reading of 81 over the heat cable, then realised I'd selected 'in' instead of 'out on the digital thermometer, so I was getting the ambient temp in the tub instead.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:47 AM   #17
Hunter2011
Oh thanks for the advice, but i do like this one for 28$ that Say at Petsmart the has 2 probes for each side of tanks and the humidity so i might just spend the money on behalf of keeping a healthy snake and not having to buy strong magnets lol =)

Old 01-22-2008, 05:55 AM   #18
diamondlil
Considering your snake could live for 20 years, the initial outlay is really nothing! (My sister's neighbour has a corn who'll be 23 this year!)

Old 01-22-2008, 06:12 AM   #19
Hunter2011
whoah that's crazy!!! lol I am just ordering my baby crimson corn from Kathy Love so I hope he is a good sanke, but she said that when she went out there to check on him that he was a little bit nippy, and I was also looking at her female normal het amel stripe and she said it would be the better choice because it didn't bite because I'm just a beginner...so what do you think i should do? the crimson?http://www.cornutopia.com/Corn%20Uto...EG/-%20024.jpg or the normal?http://www.cornutopia.com/Corn%20Uto...EG/-%20016.jpg

Old 01-22-2008, 06:43 AM   #20
diamondlil
I think you shouldn't hijack, and start your own thread

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google