CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

speaking of eggs

Old 01-23-2003, 03:21 AM   #1
bmm
speaking of eggs

I have read that if you find the eggs soon enough after laying you can remove them and place them in single rows or whatever in your incubator....but if you dont find them soon enough they will have become more solid and seperating them can cause problems.

My question is since it's recommended to use something such as vermeculite as a medium and place the eggs 1/2 or so covered in it, how can you acheive this for any eggs stuck "on top" Wouldn't they be totally exposed or the ones underneath them totally covered?

Am I a nutcase and this doesn't even matter? *L* Sorry but I am really curious and nervous about my first attempted breeding coming up!

bmm

Old 01-23-2003, 07:15 PM   #2
Matt L
bmm,
I've been lucky enough to seperate maybe 2% of the clutches laid. I have excellent results with damp sphagnum moss rather than vermiculite. The tanic acid in sphagnum moss also helps retard bacterial growth.

Matt

Old 01-23-2003, 11:05 PM   #3
bmm
o.k.

Cool...that sounds like a good choice. I will look into that for sure.

BMM

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google