CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Reporting Posts - A Word of Warning

Old 07-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Susan
Reporting Posts - A Word of Warning

Okay people, the mod team is pretty lenient when it comes to the debates here on this forum, but if you cross the line in a heated debate and start making inflammatory personal remarks about another member, you will get an infraction. Simple.

But to try to retaliate by reporting posts that were not only made 3 days ago, but 3 MONTHS ago is just plain childish! Any further such attempts to get "even" because you think the moderators were not fair shall result in a banishment of an as yet undetermined duration.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
El Jefe
FYI...this is not just a Susan policy.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
wstphal
Is it OK to take 24-48 hours to THINK before reporting? I have run across a couple remarks that I thought about it & decided that since it wasn't aimed at me I shouldn't, but I spent a little time mulling it over.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
desertanimal
I think what Susan was saying is that 3 months is ridiculous, not 3 days. And I'm guessing that this is probably not an issue with general non-offenders in this arena. I suspect this was one of those "you know who you are" kind of posts and that if you are unsure, it wasn't you.

Granted, I could be wrong, this is just my strong gut feeling.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #5
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertanimal View Post
I suspect this was one of those "you know who you are" kind of posts...
Unfortunately, it happens rather often....

What Susan was talking about was the propensity of members who have received an infraction to go back and dig through older posts to report things that all of a sudden "now" bother them but were never mentioned when they were first written. The fact that this seems to be a trend is something we, as moderators, would like to put an end to. Retaliatory reported posts is what we are trying to avoid.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #6
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
Is it OK to take 24-48 hours to THINK before reporting? I have run across a couple remarks that I thought about it & decided that since it wasn't aimed at me I shouldn't, but I spent a little time mulling it over.
I don't report a lot of posts. Mostly, they are the spammers that occasionally make their way here. If I must report something, I go with my gut. If it's bad, then I report it. If it's something that would need thought, then it probably isn't that bad.

JMO!

Wayne

Old 07-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
wstphal
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusacoils View Post
I don't report a lot of posts. Mostly, they are the spammers that occasionally make their way here. If I must report something, I go with my gut. If it's bad, then I report it. If it's something that would need thought, then it probably isn't that bad.
That's why I think about it, because although at the moment I read it I am upset, if I am not upset after some thought, then it isn't bad enough to report.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
Nanci
I'm not really sure being "upset" is a reason to report a post. I think the few rules of conduct there are are for the most part pretty clear cut. I'd bet that very, very few things go unread by one or more of the three of us, Jeff, Susan and me. Being the more "libertarian" one, I am not liking the trend I am seeing of going from "You're a moronic jerk!!!" (in stronger language)- okay, that is a blatent insult, abusive, and obviously against the rules to "I find your views to be a bit sophormoric" which to me is an opinion- which is suddenly infraction-worthy, due to this slippery slope of tattletale-ism we are avalanching down recently. In my opinion, MY opinion, not speaking for anyone else, if you want to go to somewhere where it's all sweetness and light and no one can disagree, much less heatedly- I can give you the link. Otherwise, sheesh- quit getting so upset over every single little thing. And if you have to hold a grudge over some real or perceived insult for eternity, please do not bring that baggage to current discussions-it's water under the bridge. You can disagree without being SO disagreeable. Thank you.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #9
xreinx
what about unpleasentness in the chat rooms, I made a comment about how small and Poor quality the breeding pool is in and around my city, in ALASKA, and everyone jumped down my throat about it. I said I was sorry and they ignored me. it was rude and trollish. not only did they ban togather to become angry at me, they got upset about everthing I said after that.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:20 AM   #10
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by xreinx View Post
what about unpleasentness in the chat rooms, I made a comment about how small and Poor quality the breeding pool is in and around my city, in ALASKA, and everyone jumped down my throat about it. I said I was sorry and they ignored me. it was rude and trollish. not only did they ban togather to become angry at me, they got upset about everthing I said after that.
Not speaking for the mods here but unless they made personal attacks on you, "ganging up on one person" is generally not infraction-worthy on other forums I'm on. Try and make note of the people who did it and if you feel like they are continuing to antagonize you, copy/paste the chat and report it to a mod, but otherwise just ignore those people and say what you want. There are thousands of members here and hundreds of active ones... eventually someone is bound to wander into the chat who wants to talk about the breeding pool in Alaska with you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google