• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Camera: Test Shots

Nanci

Alien Lover
There is going to be a steep learning curve here!

First of all, I don't have any control over the flash. I wanted a stable snake, so I'm stuck inside. The flash is WAY too bright...

Attachments

• Test pics-11.jpg
    Test pics-11.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 46
Okay, so that demonstrates how out of focus pic number one is! I have not mastered the auto focus, and I _can_ fine-tune it manually, except I can't see clearly.

If you are worried about using the flash, you could always grab a tripod and use a low shutter speed. What camera did you get?

NEX-F3. I got the "lesser" model because I wanted a pop-up flash, not a hot shoe- no way would I EVER carry that around, and I wanted to be able to charge the battery IN the camera. Otherwise, I might have liked the 5 or 7 better.

This is the full-blast flash with no editing. I pretty much prefer no flash, except when I'm stuck inside. I wonder if I could diffuse it somehow...

Attachments

• Test pics-12.jpg
    Test pics-12.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 45
On the bright side, the card slot on my Macbook works easily! I'm spoiled by Exilims that just sit in a cradle to charge and transfer.

I am finding that shooting with off camera lighting gives me the truest colors and best shots. I picked up a cheap incandescent light at a store here (Jysk). The tissue paper like shade acts similar to a light box, without the need for the subject to be in a box.

Back