• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

Ty Karl!

She had a big day. I moved her into her new viv (same size 20 long, just a critter keeper with a secure lid). I don't think our snakeys even know they have a new house if you put all their stuff in and it is in the same place. She ate a 6 gram mouse with no trouble about an hour ago! :D

Last edited:
Cleo's new house

I've already mentioned getting Cleo a new viv. I moved her in yesterday. I had to wait until after she had shed. So no more Velcro straps! As long as I'm diligent in making sure it is latched an escape is as far as a know, not possible.

When Cleo gets bigger, she'll get a bigger viv and this one will be Clyde's. Even though he's a month older he gets the hand me down in this case!

Forgive the reflections, though I do think my blinds and lace curtains are nice. It's s north window so no chance of sun in the viv, either.

BZ2Q9Rsl.jpg

Looks like Cleo was "rearranging the furniture" last night. I woke up to this perfect tunnel!

kGHQl5xl.jpg

Wow, she has a very nice home. It looks really big.

And I love those ceramic "Corner Style" water bowls. Rufus has one too. They are great.

Wow, she has a very nice home. It looks really big.

And I love those ceramic "Corner Style" water bowls. Rufus has one too. They are great.

Just a 20 long, Karl, but plenty big for a 6 month old. I really like the water in the corner as well. It seems to keep any spills from Cleo climbing in and out in the corner, too.

I don't know what it is but my snakes just don't take baths!! Or at least they don't do it when I'm around anyway!! Cleo is so gorgeous and looks so sweet!!

Nicole

I've never caught Cleo soaking, but Ive seen her slither through and spill water in the process. She's also done her "business" in there from time to time! :eek:

Edited to add: I forget, yes she's as sweet as she looks. She's never once even assumed a strike position. She was a little flighty as a new baby but aren't they all? This little girl is beyond sweet. Thanks for the kind words. They are always appreciated.

:roflmao:

That probably goes for all our little slithery friends. That's part of what makes them so endearing.

HaHaHa, Karl ... that's pretty good. What if I changed Loopy's name? Switch the first letter to a 'P' !:grin01:

:roflmao:

Oh no Ken, I can't stop laughing. Just when I think I'm too old for potty humor along comes snake potty humor!

you're never too old for potty humor

especially if you have to clean up snake poop. I mean, how many people can actually say they do that?

Cleo is 7 months old and weighs 48 grams. She is totally sweet and mellow. I couldn't ask for a nicer little lady. You can get an idea of her true color in the photos on the bed. She is much yellower than she looks in the log picture.

Here she is in her new big girl log.

MJhnnZfl.jpg

Cleo got out for a little excercise today.

bPXxq1gl.jpg

1C5fowrl.jpg

lueyYjpl.jpg

xW53LCIl.jpg

O5KUGf0l.jpg

vbQpelol.jpg

And now presenting in her starring role: Cleo, queen of the bed!

http://youtu.be/cSKuuNlQrxo

wow she is getting so big.

Her video is very cool. Her sense of smell really takes charge at about the 33 sec to 46 sec mark. (I had to watch it twice to mark the time, LOL) But she definitely smells something. And then she's like, "Oh well, it's nothing...." And she continues on.

wow she is getting so big.

Her video is very cool. Her sense of smell really takes charge at about the 33 sec to 46 sec mark. (I had to watch it twice to mark the time, LOL) But she definitely smells something. And then she's like, "Oh well, it's nothing...." And she continues on.

Since Clyde was on the bed minutes before, I wonder if she smelled African house snake. In any case that is exactly how she checks out her dinner.

Glad you liked the video. As always, thanks for your kind words.

Back