CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Making a multiple wooden vivarium stack.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:59 AM   #1
Enora
Making a multiple wooden vivarium stack.

Questions. Would 2.5 foot wide by 2 foot deep by 1.5 foot tall be good for corn snakes, or should I stick with the 42 by 24 size per snake I've already built one of (pictured). I keep getting mixed info about what's really best for them, and some people keep telling me to do smaller per snake. I don't quite have enough room to go bigger then 5 feet max width.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 07-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
Twolunger
If you intend to keep adult corns they would like more space to roam, provided there are sufficient hides for them to enter. A 5 foot adult is not unusual and I see 4 footers for sale all the time. Snakes typically don't like to expose themselves to predators by crossing expanses of open ground. Captive bred and raised corns still prefer the safety of plants and hides, something easily provided in the units you build. I can't tell from the picture, but when I built my own cages I lined them with melamine sheets so I could easily wash them down.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:21 AM   #3
Enora
I think I will just do 4 foot by 2 foot, per snake.
Temporary dividers in the middle to make them fell more secure till they are older, perhaps? Currently working on a 48x24x18 for my sister's milk snake, but when it's finished I'll get the materials I need for mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 07-11-2017, 05:23 PM   #4
paulh
Robert Applegate has some interesting ideas on cages. https://www.amazon.com/General-Care-...bert+Applegate

IMO, the bottom of a set of cages should be at least 2 feet off the floor. Because a cage on the floor is hard to heat. And kneeling to clean a floor-level cage gets hard on your knees and back real quick. And someday a cage set will need moving, so care must be taken to make it small enough to get it through a door. One dimension should be no more than 28 inches.

Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google