• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fancy Corn Snake vs. Corn Snake

Mushu

Mr. Dragon
Hi, I hope to get my snake sometime this year at Petsmart, but I saw two different corns, Fancy Corn Snake and just Corn Snake. Does anyone know the difference between the two? All I know is that the Fancy Corn is like $20 more.

Thanks

Michael

"Fancy" is just their term for anything that is not a normal. This includes things like amels and aneries.

Consider that a corn snake can live for many years, so don't just buy whatever is available at Petco. Do a little research and find the morph that you really like. I've seen some awesome normals, and then some higher end morphs that didn't appeal to me. Scan this forum or Fauna.com to see what's available and what suits you.

Got the whole setup including snake, hides, vivarium, water bowl and aspen from Gumtree. Though Reggie was a year old when I got him/her. There are a lot of people wanting to sell their snakes.
I also bought Reggies second larger vivarium from Gumtree which was about 1/3 of the cost of a new one and came with lots of extras. I then sold the old smaller one and the difference was only about £30.

As someone who works at a big box retail store, don't get a snake from a big box retail store. Most are priced ridiculously high. I would never pay $50 for a normal with no history. You'll find higher quality elsewhere. Heck, I've got some very well established 2017 normals, Tesseras, a Hypo or a Motley I could send you. Christmas snows if you feel like saving up a bit.

To answer your question , a Fancy snake is what box stores like petsmart and petco refer to assorted morphs as. They’re not your typical colored corn snake .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petco and Petsmart don't know what Animals they have half the time. I went into a petsmart and saw an Amel being sold as a "cornsnake" and a ghost being sold as a "fancy cornsnake". Each petsmart and petco are different and its best not to purchase from them.

I am looking for a female fire Cheyenne corn snake but will take a male. Does anyone have a baby or up to 2 yrs old?

I am looking for a female fire Cheyenne corn snake but will take a male. Does anyone have a baby or up to 2 yrs old?

There is literally a forum section dedicated to buying corn snakes but you're resurrecting old threads instead. :eek:k_01:

Back