CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello again

Old 08-20-2016, 01:14 AM   #21
Magdalen
Ah! Good choice. Love the little hognose that glares at me daily. Still trying to get him to eat regularly tho. But I've only had him for a month.

Geckos Etc has a pretty good selection of Hognoses.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:39 AM   #22
Eavlynn
I think it took me nearly 3 months to get my hoggie eating regularly and completely switched to frozen thawed prey items. Worth it though!

Old 08-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #23
DLena
Both the hogs on the SMR site are established FT feeders from 2014, not hatchlings.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:40 AM   #24
Magdalen
I think it's mostly because my guy is a little bit of a nervous fellow. He does feed on F/T no problem.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #25
Magdalen
and I've only had him for a month.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #26
reptilelover
Thanks everyone. I am still looking. I am just a little hesitant to buy online. Having to rely on breeder to be honest....

Old 08-23-2016, 08:43 PM   #27
DLena
Google Don Soderberg. South Mountain Reptiles. Rest easy. He's authored a book, posts on this site and FC occasionally, been breeding for years, is known internationally. Check out the two hognose snakes on his site under surplus. They are adorable hogs. My Ayasha, ET, and Barry Allen are all from him and they are perfect. And check out his guarantee.
Pet stores can be a nightmare, and you can get scammed at a show. It's really about reputation. We have absolutely stellar breeders on this site, but I don't think anyone I know does hogs...

Old 08-24-2016, 07:16 AM   #28
Eavlynn
Don has a great reputation. I looked into him when I was researching palmetto corns. Deborah from Stewart reptiles works with hoggies too. Before I found this forum I was on bp.net and she helped me get my little girl eating. Expos can be great, but there are a lot of flippers there as well who know nothing about what's on their table. It's sad, it didn't used to be that way.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:44 AM   #29
reptilelover
Thanks again Sure wish I could find someone local. I live in Philly and it seems like there would be someone close to me.....

Old 08-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #30
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eavlynn View Post
Expos can be great, but there are a lot of flippers there as well who know nothing about what's on their table. It's sad, it didn't used to be that way.
This annoys the crap out of me. 95% of the corn snakes at Ohio shows seem to be flipped with no records, so they get labeled according to whatever the seller thinks it looks like.

It can be expensive to buy from a large established breeder like SMR or SRCorns, but it's 100% worth the extra money for a quality animal. I have several snakes from both and couldn't be happier with them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google