CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Can't seem to swallow

Old 08-19-2019, 11:17 PM   #1
carobin22
Can't seem to swallow

First, I'm new to owning snakes, but have a corn snake that is four months old, have been feeding him pinkies with no issues until this past week. He now gets it in his mouth, but cant seem to swallow it. Keeps it in his mouth for a bit then will spit it out. Thought maybe he was having issues with shedding so we put in a container with water and wash clothes, he shedded...but still has issue. In the picture you can see as far as he can get the pinkie down. Anything help or advice would be appreciated.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #2
Pine
I'm hoping someone will chime in on this.
I'm concerned about what the problem could be.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:53 PM   #3
Shiari
This needs to see a vet as something may be causing a stricture.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:06 PM   #4
Twolunger
Are you sure he shed all the skin from the neck area? He should be able to swallow that pinky. Something is causing a stricture. It may be as simple as a flake of substrate in the throat, but a vet would need to check it out. I can open the mouth of a small snake but can't see very far without the proper instruments.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:01 PM   #5
Dennis Gulla
I agree, it could be possible that there’s a piece of substrate in his throat from a previous feeding attempt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google