CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

New Corn snake injured

Old 09-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
nzierer
New Corn snake injured

I just received a baby snow corn snake this morning and when unpackaging it, noticed the tail almost all the way up to the anus has been pinched. So it looks flat and also a part is swollen. Will this be dropped and will this snake live? Any help will be appreciated. My images are too large to post. Fyi

Old 09-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
Shiari
If it's damaged nearly to the vent, it needs to see a vet asap. The damage can continue to spread and if the cloaca is compromised by that, the snake is pretty much doomed.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:57 PM   #3
albertagirl
That's terrible! I wouldn't know what to do either other than see a vet, but I can help with the picture thing, for whatever that's worth.
You can open your images with paint, select the full image, and then resize it down as much as required.
I hope your baby makes it! Good luck at the vet!

Old 09-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #4
nzierer
Well here is an update, i got off of work nearly 12 hours later.. The tail has regained its natural look, and there is only a little swelling. Not much! I am going to hope for the best. The buyer was notified and i was refunded as well. So i am going to take as much care for this little one as possible until the unevitable happens if it does! Thanks for the advise!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google