• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Should I search better...

<<S>>

I've had my snake for about 4 days now...it ate his/her pinky on monday..without any problems. But the thing is....you all say that cleaning its fescies(I spelled it wrong didn't I:rolleyes: )is a dayly job....but the only time I saw some was on the first day in its travelbox....

Should I be concerned or is it because he/she still has to digest its meal:eek: :(

They typically don't poop every day. I'd just do a quick search daily just to be sure there is nothing that needs to be removed (poop, urates, etc.). You should expect your snake to poop 2-3 days after its meal. Of course, this is just a rough estimate. It varies depending on the snake, the size of the meal, temps, etc.

Oh ok, just checking because I don't want it to harm its health;) :)

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if you don't find much of anything

When they eat pinkies, most of the food is digested and very little is eliminated. The only thing that you may see is the white/yellow urine spot.

Should be rather easy. I use Repti-Bark, a similar product and it shows up well.

Do you find it in their hides or somewhere else?

sorry for all these questions..I just want to make sure...

This is just me, others may do differently. Every day I take Sage out and handle him, while I'm doing that I'll do a quick scan of visable places that might need cleaning. I have a smaller enclosure I put him in, since I'm the only one here that will do this, and change his water, and pick up the hides to do a quick 'sweep' of the area. Its always better to be safe than sorry later.

well...I found SOMETHING...I hope that was his/her urine:(

because I can't find anything else....tomorrow is his/her feeding day I'll just see if he/she eats..

Expect poop 2/3 days after like before mentioned. I can time my snakes poop almost 2 the day. He wastes 4 times over every weekend. That's it!

Back