• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

We have eggs!!!!!!!!

2manysnakes

I smell a rat
I am sooooo excited. I have been checking my snakes every morning and every night waiting for eggs. This morning I decided to wait until time to clean out the bins after church. I was just going through them and was thrilled to find this in Dorri's lay box! YEAH! The one that looks a little dented was on the bottom. It is harder than it sounds to move them in to the incubation box without turning them though. Especially when mommy is fighting you lol. She drank a lot, and ate a small mouse like she was starving. 1 down 7 to go. Now the real waiting begins.

eggs001.jpg

eggs002.jpg

Forgot to tell you how many. 16 healthy eggs and only 1 slug. Really good for a second clutch, and she is one of the smaller girls.

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: Congrats, bet that is a relief for you, the rest will be easy. susan

Congrats!! Now, what is it 8 more to go? Good luck with all of them! I can;'t wait to see what comes out, so I'm sure your dieing over there. :)

Congrats! I'm glad every is going well. Must be really exciting for you all over there! :cheers:

Oh, don't worry, I don't think I'll ever get bored of egg updates and pics. of course, hatchlings are even better, but I won't complain, i promise.

Congrats! Good luck with the rest of the expectant clutches and looking forward to seeing pipping pictures in about two months!

Jenn

Two days later,and no new eggs. I know, I know, patience is a virtue...I just don't think I was blessed with it :grin01: .

I'm a little worried. Lizzy shed 17 days ago, she looks and feels quite gravid, but still no eggs. She ate today just fine. She has been zipping around her bin, and head butting the sides. What is the longest a snake has gone after the prelay shed before laying eggs?

17 days is right about at the limit. I would wait another day or two until really worrying, but you may want to check if she has any signs of being egg-bounds. If there is a lump near the cloaca. That's the only sign I think I've heard of, but I hope someone else has more to say.

Well this morning, Heather finally decided to grace us with some beautiful eggs. So far there are eight. I even got to see her lay one of them! I think she has a few more moving down, so I will just watch her and wait. They all look perfect. Since I have no idea when each of them actually mated, I have no idea when each is due. All I have to go on is their prelay shed. Lizzy still hasn't laid any. I am thinking that either that wasn't her prelay shed, or she is not gravid. The other possibility is that "she" is a "he" since we didn't probe any of the ones that looked gravid :shrugs: . So, I will just have to be patient. Just glad to have more healthy eggs!

great! Sounds like most everything is doing well.

So how many gravid (supposedly) females to go?

Back