CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

Available Cornsnakes!! New updates!!

Old 08-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #21
HerpsOfNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyT213 View Post
I've actually been following your post in regards to this clutch and was reading about what you guys were discussing in regards to the ability to even make super tessera. I'm not completely convinced that the 25% chance is correct in the case of tessera. It's kind of odd that with the amount of tessera x tessera clutches that Don Soderberg has produced that he's not hit the odds but only once. His was a male and it was spotted over seas to someone though not sure if who that was. I tend to believe that is highly likely that the dominant negative theory suggested on that other post is the likely cause of this and with the idea that is also possibly sex linked as well. It is possible I suppose that many of the homo tessera went into homes that aren't breeders, but I find that highly unlikely that at least a few didn't make it through the cracks into a breeders collection.
There are at least 3 homozygous dominant, "super", tessera that i know of off the top of my head, one in Europe, one owned by Rich Hume, and Max owned by forum member Tavia. While the homozygous dominant might be a lethal/deleterious combo, or even sex linked, I wouldn't assume anything along the lines of lack of supers out there. Don has told me, when I first purchased my tessera, that he had only done a few tessera x tessera pairings and didn't notice anything different to indicate a homzygous dominant form. That's not to say they aren't out there. That's also not to say that those that may have them and are regularly breeding them just choose not to speak up. There are a number of hobbyist that work behind the scenes and dont really speak much to what they have or are doing on the likes of forums, facebook, twitter, or other lines of communication outside of old school face-to-face or telephone correspondence. I post here, but otherwise I'm not active in any other means of social media forms. Let's not jump to assumed conclusions.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #22
MysticExotics
Thank you for your reply Chris. I agree 100% on the possibility of others out there.

Sissy I have prices and pics of available Tessera's on the other thread about the testing opportunity. The link is in the first post on this thread.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #23
MysticExotics
This gene does not seem to be lethal. Not in my experience.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google