CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Tricolor Hognose short lifespan?

Old 09-08-2019, 11:51 PM   #1
albertagirl
Tricolor Hognose short lifespan?

First of all, it's been a while! Things are good here. I got married and moved out to an acreage and now I'm dealing with step-kids and puppies and kittens and chickens and a garden... it keeps me busy and I haven't kept up with the regular weighing/measuring and other fun stuff I used to do with the snakes (like posting on forums), and no new snakes in the last couple of years. But I've been missing you guys and how much I enjoy focusing on my snakes, so I'm back to really spending more time with them, and hopefully on here as well. Anyway, that catches you up so on to my actual topic. LOL

So my husband was asking how long do snakes live, and I knew approximately for the corns, king, and ball python, but had to look up the others. I was shocked to find that the average lifespan for a tricolor hognose is only 7 to 8 years!?!?! My little lady is already 4 and I'd hate to think that I only have 3 or 4 more years with her!

Can anyone verify their experience with tricolors, as far as longevity?

And, of course, a picture that has no purpose other than because who doesn't love pictures?
Name:  forumsize.jpg
Views: 2443
Size:  199.2 KB

Currently (according to serpwidgets) she is 29 inches long, and 271 grams at her last weigh-in.
Name:  forumsize2.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  115.9 KB

Old 09-10-2019, 10:41 PM   #2
Frank Pinello
I dont know the answer to your question but just wanted to comment on your tri colored hognose. WOW! Love the pattern and size. I have only seen small ones in person. Thanks for the photo.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #3
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
I dont know the answer to your question but just wanted to comment on your tri colored hognose. WOW! Love the pattern and size. I have only seen small ones in person. Thanks for the photo.
Thanks!
If you'd like to see her as a youngster before she darkened up, search "Mercury" and her progression thread should come up.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #4
Frank Pinello
I really like the way the black bands are misaligned along the back bone.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #5
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
I really like the way the black bands are misaligned along the back bone.
Yeah, it looks like I buttoned up her shirt wrong!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google