CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

View Poll Results: Which pairings should Elemental Exotics do next year?
Persephone and Vash 1 20.00%
Persephone and Warric 4 80.00%
Brin and Viper 0 0%
Brin and Warric 1 20.00%
Vixen and Viper 1 20.00%
Vixen and Warric 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide a pairing for next year please!

Old 11-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
Tavia
Help me decide a pairing for next year please!

Originally I was planning on pairing Persephone, Tessera Charcoal, believed to be homo but at least het, Hypo, phet Amel, Stripe & Anery (poss homo Tess) to Vash, Charcoal Hypo het/homo Anery, het Diffused.

Persephone.

Vash.

But I impulse bought Warric a bit ago and am trying to decide if and with whom I might breed him next year. Persephone is the most likely pairing. Warric is a nice Zagtec (polygenetic pattern with unpredictable inheritance but should produce nicely patterned babies and I've been told it's a great combo with Tessera) he is assumed to be a Charcoal het motley or stripe, Anery A, Dilute and poss het Amel.

Warric.

For Persephone, which male should I pair her with next year?

Then it's possible that Brin might be ready to breed next year, though she's a bit smaller than I want her right now.
She is an Anery Hypo Diffused with unknown hets.

Brin.

I was planning to pair her with Viper, if she is ready. Viper is a Diffused Tessera het Anery, Hypo, phet Caramel, Amel & Lavender.

Viper.

But should I pair her to Warric instead?

Next pairing would be with Vixen, who is ready for next year. She is a Diffused phet Amel, Anery, Caramel, Hypo & Lavender.

Vixen.

Plan was to pair her to Viper, which is the more logical pairing. But I'm considering pairing Warric with her, instead. Be a more wild card pairing than the other two options. I will likely only pair Warric with one lady next year, if at all and keep the original plan on the others, just trying to decide which one to swap.

Multi choice poll included.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:58 AM   #2
Glenaerie
Disclaimer: I'm not a professional, but I love your snakes and I enjoy genetics.

I like the Persephone and Warric pairing, because the babes are likely to have very interesting patterns, AND be charcoal, and you might possibly see Anery, Amel, motley, and/or stripe as well, which will prove out hets.

This option wasn't given, but I like the idea of a Brin and Vash pairing, actually because they potentially share a lot in common, if Vash is indeed homo Anery. So you might expect some Brin "Mini-me"s, and maybe some surprises.

And I like the Viper and Vixen pairing, again, because they share a lot in common, so you should get an interesting variety and verify some possible hets, too.

The wild card pairings are very cool, but might result in a lot of normals with unverifiable hets. Normal/classics are MY ultimate favorite, but maybe not so easy to sell (just my thoughts).

Good luck! Whatever you decide will be exciting!

Old 11-13-2016, 10:30 AM   #3
ghosthousecorns
I'd use the phantom male Vash for the first pairing and get phantom tesseras. I like Viper a lot, but if it was me I'd feel like one tessera clutch was enough. I would probably use Warric for the other two, though if I suspected Brin had a charcoal het I'd put her with Vash, too. Charcoal's been around forever, but it seems you don't see that many for sale. Have to say it would be a tough choice.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #4
Tavia
Thanks guys for the comments, gives me more to think about for sure! I hadn't thought to pair Vash and Brin together, oddly enough. That is a good idea!

It's always fun, in the unfunny sense, trying to best guess what will sell best vs balancing that against what I'm passionate about producing. I adore me some Tessera anything and can sell Classic Tessera almost all day long locally but not the other morphs. Too high a price point. Though with the way prices on them drop, that might no longer be the case by next year.

If it might alter opinions, other settled pairs this coming year will be Max, homo Tessera het Caramel to both Rhiannon, Caramel Motley and a breeding loan Caramel Tessera, hopefully with better results than this year.
Arista, Hypo Cinder with unknown hets to Hadrian, Tessera Amel het Cinder, phet Hypo & Diffused.

To add even more to the musical mates mess, I've also got Badger, Charcoal Tessera het Diffused, phet Anery, who is ready to go. Currently I'm thinking he won't be paired to anyone this coming year but I keep kicking around pairing him with one of the 3 girls in the poll. Brin is really the only one that makes sense though and I think I like the potential outcomes for her better with either Vash or Viper.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #5
Twolunger
I voted, but judging by the choices shown Warric seems to be in stronger consideration, in your mind, for the breeding season. Poor Vash only gets considered for one mating. LOL. I think he's a beautiful male and I like the Vash/Brin suggestion. I'll tell you what I do before every breeding season, or when debating about buying another Corn, I write down the breeders and then plug them into the Corn Snake Calculator. That gives you an idea of what the offspring will be, although hidden recessive genes can give you unexpected results. I envy your many pairing possibilities.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:32 PM   #6
Tavia
I've decided on Viper with Vixen for sure. Still going back and forth with Persephone to Vash or Warric and Brin with either Vash, Viper or Warric running a distant 3rd.

I kind of want to pair Viper to Brin, just because he's the only male with any possibility of Lavender that I have and since Brin was in a retail lot with two Lavenders that might have been siblings, I did want to test that. Would like a better chance than a poss het though ... Will have a lot of Tessera this coming year though.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
Twolunger
I have to say lavenders are probably my favorites, and just to make sure I have enough for future breeding projects I bought a male and 4 female hatchlings this year. Since you hope to produce lavenders why not sell one of your extra males and purchase a lavender or 100% het so you are positive to have that morph in the gene pool?

Old 12-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #8
Zincubus
What morph is Persephone ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 12-13-2016, 05:18 PM   #9
Tavia
She was sold to me as a Charcoal Tessera but I am 99.9% sure she is actually a Phantom, since she has no true black on her anywhere but her pupils.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:21 PM   #10
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
She was sold to me as a Charcoal Tessera but I am 99.9% sure she is actually a Phantom, since she has no true black on her anywhere but her pupils.

Very good looking to my eyes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google