CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

View Poll Results: Who did you vote for in this election?
Hillary Clinton 6 31.58%
Donald Trump 9 47.37%
Neither of the two above 2 10.53%
Did not vote at all 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Election 2016 POTUS exit poll

Old 11-09-2016, 04:45 PM   #11
Dragonling
Everyone I've talked to that says they voted Clinton seems to have done so begrudgingly and with mostly social issues in mind. Personally I scoffed at the whole "vote blue, no matter who" notion, and many of my friends and I threw our votes away to a third party in lieu of not voting at all. She would have been a mostly boring president, one many dems would probably have been eager to replace at the next chance. The people wanted change, and she wasn't about to bring it.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #12
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
Also after the Wiki leaked emails showed Clintons getting numerous personal donations of over 9 million dollars from Saudi Arabia , Bahrain and Quatar that crazy women had the audacity to thank everyone for their donations even those who gave as little as 5 dollars !!!

She's still taking the pizz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Foreign nationals are prohibited from making any contributions or expenditures in connection with any election in the U.S.
Source: http://www.fec.gov/ans/answers_general.shtml

And no, I don't believe a presidency under her would be boring at all. With everything she has already gotten away with, being the POTUS would have enabled her and Bill to increase their fleecing of the people of the USA as well as foreign countries 100 fold. And they would have been blatant about it, knowing well that we couldn't do a darn thing about it. This was a very nasty bullet that we all dodged. Hopefully the Clinton era has come to what will be a very painful end for them.

Actually, thinking about it, I believe HilLIARy will look rather dashing in an orange jumpsuit.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #13
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Source: http://www.fec.gov/ans/answers_general.shtml

And no, I don't believe a presidency under her would be boring at all. With everything she has already gotten away with, being the POTUS would have enabled her and Bill to increase their fleecing of the people of the USA as well as foreign countries 100 fold. And they would have been blatant about it, knowing well that we couldn't do a darn thing about it. This was a very nasty bullet that we all dodged. Hopefully the Clinton era has come to what will be a very painful end for them.

Actually, thinking about it, I believe HilLIARy will look rather dashing in an orange jumpsuit.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:45 AM   #14
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
I tend to lean towards the fiscally conservative side, though, and I'm curious to see what a Trump administration will do for the economy.

But then socially I am pretty liberal, so...
I agree. All the voting of my youth was based on women's rights, freedom of choice, specifically. After I grew up, though, and was paying more in taxes than I'd grossed as a 20, 30 something, I became WAY more fiscally conservative. This is the path our country needs to follow. We are WAY too much in debt. We need to get out. Also, second amendment became very important to me, so my taste in supreme court justices changed.

But- I'm socially liberal, in terms of support for gay rights/marriage, etc. And the other thing I don't want to type on a computer at my place of employment.

But when it comes to the economy, we just have to fix that first, at the cost of everything else, even.

It's not that we didn't want a female president; we just didn't want Hillary. It's weak to try to pin that on people who didn't vote for her, just as it's weak to say people who voted for Trump hate women. I don't hate women, I am one.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:49 PM   #15
Rich Z
Interesting to see all of the riots and protests going on right now because Trump won the election. I can't help but wonder, in retrospect, what would have happened had Obama lost either of his two election runs. I don't recall hearing about any riots or public protests from the people who voted for John McCain and Mitt Romney after those respective elections. Was that the case and I just missed it?

But I DO have a feeling that their might have even been demonstrations and riots had Trump lost. There were a LOT of rumors about the Democrats padding the ballot boxes with "mobile voters" and "magic votes", and people seemed to be working themselves up to a frenzy on both sides of the fence.

So perhaps riots and demonstrations are the "in" thing now when things just don't go your way. Thanks to all that showed us the way, for that.

But regardless of the job that Trump does while in office, I am doubtful he could possibly do a worse job that HilLIARy would have done for our country. I am actually optimistic that things might actually get better for a change.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #16
Nova_C
Most interestingly to me, the Republicans now control all three branches of government. I guess we'll see how they do without any check at all against them. If you guys are right, it should be p awesome in the US for the next few years.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:40 PM   #17
Rich Z
I know that I am certainly hoping that will be so. The Republicans won't have anyone to point their fingers at to blame if they blow this opportunity.

But this certainly would not be the first time that someone got voted in on his campaign promises, then once in office become inflicted with selective amnesia. Yet for some reason people will still vote them in for a second term.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #18
OregonSnake
I think people are very afraid of a Trump presidency, especially with all the hateful rhetoric that has gone on this election cycle and all of the rioting is a product of a lot of fear and anger. I know that I myself feel very nervous about the future and know that many of my friends do as well. However, as a democrat myself, I do not condone the rioting. I hope that all the violence and hate from both parties will calm down sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-11-2016, 07:59 AM   #19
Zincubus
I'm sure I saw that the stocks and shares were at an all time HIGH this morning . .

Old 11-11-2016, 12:26 PM   #20
Rich Z
Kind of interesting how upbeat I feel since the election. Regardless of the rioting and protesting some people are doing. I guess a lot of those young folks took HilLIARy's promises to heart about free education and having their student loans forgiven and are now shattered to learn that they really will have to pay their own way. Tsk, tsk. Damn shame, isn't it children? Welcome to adulthood.

So as long as some whacko heavily influenced by the media's flame fanning from the wounded powers behind the Clintons doesn't kill Trump, I guess I'm expecting that this country will finally be making the turn around many of us have all been hoping for.

Of course, it's going to be an uphill battle for Trump, since he will have enemies deeply entrenched all throughout the government that will try their best to stymie any efforts he makes to try to fulfill his campaign promises.

But hopefully that draining of the swamp will begin ASAP and the leaches set out in the sunlight to dry up and die.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google