CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello I'm new here :D

Old 12-19-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
Revenger
Smile Hello I'm new here :D

Hello all, I'm Josh and I'm from Raleigh NC from the US, I'm a first time snake owner my snake is an albino Cornsnake her name is Tigger she's a few months old and I'm here to get some tips on handling snakes ^.^

Old 12-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
Dragonling
Hiya!

Cute little amel!

Old 12-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
Revenger
Thanks, I'm very glad I got her but I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing as i handle her ^.^

Old 12-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
wendhend
Welcome to the forum! Corn snakes are generally very easy to handle. Just stay calm and approach slowly when picking her up. My observation is that people who are jumpy and nervous around snakes tend to make the snakes nervous. With corn snakes, biting is pretty rare and harmless. If you are worried about that when getting her out to handle, you can distract her head with an object in one hand, while the other hand gently picks her up out of the enclosure, and she will probably be calm and let you handle her without any resistance. I don't think too many people use snake hooks with corn snakes, but that would also work if you aren't comfortable handling her with your bare hands just yet.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:35 PM   #5
Revenger
Thank you, I was kind of nervous at first since she is my first snake but it's my fourth day handling her and she seems a little more relaxed as she has now allowed me to touch under her chin which she usually doesn't do

Old 12-20-2016, 10:05 AM   #6
Twolunger
Hey Josh, welcome to the forum with your beautiful Tigger. Besides all the posts found in the individual categories, if you scroll down you will find some excellent personal forums. Nanci ( SnickerSnakes ) has a terrific post for Cornsnake Care that is well worth reading if you are new to keeping and handling Corn snakes. Good luck with Tigger and have fun.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:05 PM   #7
Zincubus
Welcome !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 12-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #8
Scrappyeddie77
Welcome to the crazy world of snakes. lol. Your girl is stunning I love the reds and pinks. I don't know your age but if you are young you might have found a hobby or addiction that you might never get out of and if you do you will be back.
They are easy going little snakes as long as your temps are good and you get them on a feeding schedule and you keep good water for them not much else to worry about

Watch for the snakes eyes to go cloudy I don't handle mine when they are in "blue" just a little tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-22-2016, 08:13 AM   #9
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappyeddie77 View Post
Welcome to the crazy world of snakes. lol. Your girl is stunning I love the reds and pinks. I don't know your age but if you are young you might have found a hobby or addiction that you might never get out of and if you do you will be back.
They are easy going little snakes as long as your temps are good and you get them on a feeding schedule and you keep good water for them not much else to worry about

Watch for the snakes eyes to go cloudy I don't handle mine when they are in "blue" just a little tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus .... they shed a few days AFTER the eyes go clear and their colours return .

Old 12-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #10
Revenger
Scrappyeddie77, thanks I'm actually 17 and she has just really grown on me and reptiles in genera, today was Christmas it happens to be her first day feeding with me she wouldn't eat for the past few days but now she ate and she's pretty relaxed I also really love her coloration as well, and thanks for the tip I'll keep a close eye out ^.^

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google