CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Is my corn snake blind

Old 03-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #11
mrcheesy
I just hope she can lay her eggs easy as she also has a kinked spine :,(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Old 03-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #12
DollysMom
I wish you all the best. Poor dear girl. Sounds like she was rescued in the nick of time.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #13
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheesy View Post
I just hope she can lay her eggs easy as she also has a kinked spine :,(
Did you buy her already gravid, or did you breed her yourself?

Old 03-09-2017, 09:13 PM   #14
nicolefowler2005
I'm hoping she bought her that way cause I certainly wouldn't suggest breeding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-10-2017, 04:04 AM   #15
mrcheesy
She was already gravid she should lay in next 2 days so keep u guys updated

Old 03-10-2017, 09:32 AM   #16
DollysMom
Story goes that my Mandy (my girl with cataracts) came to the rescue gravid and laid shortly thereafter. She doesn't have a kink though. My girl was in the rescue for nearly 1.5 years before I got her so I never dealt with it, but even knowing that she went through that, well I hope you don't feel alone in it. I think this is not too rare with rescued females. I hope it all goes smoothly for her.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:39 AM   #17
DollysMom
After talking about her so much, here's my girl chowing down last night. It's a little hard to see the cataract in this pic due to the lighting, but it's there.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #18
mrcheesy
Shes a beuty how old is she then ? And did her eggs successfully hatch ? Wouldnt want them to die 😕

Old 03-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #19
DollysMom
I've never had the heart to ask, but I'm pretty sure her eggs were not allowed to develop. That would have been a responsible thing to do on the part of the rescue.

I was told Mandy was supposed to 12-ish when she came to the rescue. I just used that number because when I got her I didn't know she had been there for so long. I designated June 14 for her birthday and call her 13 now. No one knows for sure.

Here's a copy of her ad on PetFinder. Obviously she was in shed in the picture. I did ask when I picked her up from the rescue, if she laid every year. They said she arrived at the rescue with male and had not laid again.

One thing they got wrong in the ad is that she handles beautifully. As you can tell, I gave her a more feminine name that seems to fit her personality better. I'm sure that with time and good care she learned to trust and be handled. I wanted her because she needed a quiet home with time to devote to her. I could also give her a spacious enclosure all to herself. They were thrilled when I asked to adopt her and I was thrilled when they said yes!

Old 03-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #20
mrcheesy
Wow thats awesome glad shes found a healthy home to go to

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google