CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Just a little bearable...

Old 10-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #1
Rich Z
Just a little bearable...

Happened to glance out the bedroom window today and noticed that the bird feeder wasn't there where it should have been. So I walked into the bedroom to look out the window with a closer look, and saw the typical sign of a bear assault on it. It was bent over to the ground. Then I saw a dark shape a little bit into the woods, so I went to grab my camcorder...

It was broad daylight out, around 6pm, so I didn't have the bunny blasters set up for the bird feeder. I have been only turning them on at night, since I didn't expect a daylight assault on the bird feeder.

When I first saw the bear he was working on the screen cage that had been setting on top of the wood bird feeder. This held a peanut block that we put out for the woodpeckers, and I guess a bear can smell that from a long way off. When I retrieved the cage from the woods and inspected it, I had to just throw it away because it was pretty bent up and part of the chain was missing.

He then comes back to the feeder and laps up the sunflower seeds. Eventually I opened up the window and yelled at him, but he wasn't really too impressed with me, I guess. At the end of the above video he does look a little guilty, but not too much. Eventually he ran off into the woods when I clapped my hands at him, but he had eaten everything edible anyway by then.

This one is a lot smaller than the one we had a while back harassing the bird feeders. But still not something i would want to wrestle with.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
El Jefe
You should have chopped its head off with a shovel...oh wait, that's cruel...

Old 10-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
You should have chopped its head off with a shovel...oh wait, that's cruel...
Not to mention a real good way to get my name in the local newspaper as being a victim of a fatal bear attack........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google